[SOLVED] New Build Advice

Jul 12, 2020
I'm rather new to the PC gaming world, and want/need some advice on my current build list...

I'll be playing a wide variety of games, from FPS, MMO, RTS and AAA. I'll also be using it for routine things such as word processing, web browsing, powerpoint, excel, etc.

It's a little over my budget, but I'm willing to spend a little more for something that will compete in the future.

Thanks for the help!

CPU: (1) Intel Core i7-10700K
Motherboard: (1) ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix
RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Case: (1) NZXT H510 Elite
Power Supply: (1) NZXT E850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold
Video Card: (1) ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix
M.2 SSD: (1) Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB SSD
Water Cooling Kits: (1) NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm RGB
Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit
Keyboard: (1) Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse: (1) Razer DeathAdder V2
Monitors: (1) ASUS VG27AQ 27" WQHD 165Hz
Total: $3,274.88

Solution
This will make a great high end gaming focused build and will handle all your games exceptionally well. The 10700K is excellent and overclocks extremely well. Matched to the 2080 Super you are covered for a fair few years of high end gaming and on the productivity side it will do very well with the 8 cores and 16 threads.

Personally on RAM, go DDR4 3600 if you can as the pricing is almost the same, though not critical at all. The rest of your build is more than okay though on the case if you can go for a more airflow focused design for better cooling though again, not imperative. The 280mm AIO will also do a great job on the cooling.

Finally I have the 10700K and can only say it is one impressive CPU for gaming and I easily managed...
This will make a great high end gaming focused build and will handle all your games exceptionally well. The 10700K is excellent and overclocks extremely well. Matched to the 2080 Super you are covered for a fair few years of high end gaming and on the productivity side it will do very well with the 8 cores and 16 threads.

Personally on RAM, go DDR4 3600 if you can as the pricing is almost the same, though not critical at all. The rest of your build is more than okay though on the case if you can go for a more airflow focused design for better cooling though again, not imperative. The 280mm AIO will also do a great job on the cooling.

Finally I have the 10700K and can only say it is one impressive CPU for gaming and I easily managed 5.1GHz all core at 1.295v with no cooling issues though I am running a 360mm AIO. As to your work type workloads in word processing, web browsing, powerpoint, excel, etc which is the same as me, no issues whatsoever, streaming included! Also I have a RTX 2080 though not Super so fairly similar setups.

Enjoy...

I'm rather new to the PC gaming world, and want/need some advice on my current build list...

I'll be playing a wide variety of games, from FPS, MMO, RTS and AAA. I'll also be using it for routine things such as word processing, web browsing, powerpoint, excel, etc.

It's a little over my budget, but I'm willing to spend a little more for something that will compete in the future.

Thanks for the help!

CPU: (1) Intel Core i7-10700K
Motherboard: (1) ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix
RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Case: (1) NZXT H510 Elite
Power Supply: (1) NZXT E850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold
Video Card: (1) ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix
M.2 SSD: (1) Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB SSD
Water Cooling Kits: (1) NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm RGB
Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit
Keyboard: (1) Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse: (1) Razer DeathAdder V2