Question New Build advice

LeVzi

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
Hi everyone, i've always had great advice here, so once again i'd really appreciate some help

I am going to upgrade my system, but I am on a limited budget so i've gone for the most power I can get at the best prices.

So i'll put the specs and hopefully you can all give me your opinions and if there are any issues I need to be aware of. Thanks

CPU : Ryzen 5900X

Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Extreme

RAM 64GB (2x32GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-20-20-38, XMP 2.0, 1.35V

Cooler be quiet! Silent Loop 2 RGB All In One 240mm Intel/AMD CPU Water Cooler

750W Seasonic Focus GX 750 80PLUS Gold, Single Rail, Fully Modular, 62A, 120mm Fan, ATX PSU

Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Black Light Windowed Full Tower PC Gaming Case

Storgage Gigabyte AORUS 2TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive

I will use my RX 580 for a gfx card and I have an internal Asus sound card for system sounds and videos etc, I use USB audio interface for the music production.

That's what I will buy, and I will use from my existing rig an SSD and a HDD which are 1 year old, and the GFX card that is just over a year old.

My OS is on the current SSD, which I intend to transfer to the new M.2 SSD , using EASEUS Todo , I clone my old HDD to the SSD with no issues, so it was really easy using TODO Backup. I know a clean install would be better but tbh there are so many programs installed on the original SSD it would make it virtually impossible to do it. The current SSD with the OS is 1TB and it's going to a 2TB SSD so space isn't the issue. It's just the potential for issues cloning the drives.

Anyway, I have read that the 5900X can only use 3200 RAM

The rig isn't a gaming rig, it's purely for Audio Production and occasionally video editing, which is done once or twice a week, my current FX8350 system works fine for what video editing I do, but for Audio Production, its not coping anymore.

The case was the best compromise of noise vs good airflow. A closed quiet case isn't an option as the studio I work in gets extremely hot at times and I need a case with good air flow and dust filters. This case looked the best I could find.

Anyway, please if anyone could point out any issues I might have here ? Or improvements I should make , I will not be overclocking this at the start, maybe ever, depends on how it copes with future software updates. I will update the GFX card but not at the moment, because that breaks my budget.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, i've always had great advice here, so once again i'd really appreciate some help

I am going to upgrade my system, but I am on a limited budget so i've gone for the most power I can get at the best prices.

So i'll put the specs and hopefully you can all give me your opinions and if there are any issues I need to be aware of. Thanks

RAM 64GB (2x32GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-20-20-38, XMP 2.0, 1.35V

750W Seasonic Focus GX 750 80PLUS Gold, Single Rail, Fully Modular, 62A, 120mm Fan, ATX PSU

I will use my RX 580 for a gfx card and I have an internal Asus sound card for system sounds and videos etc, I use USB audio interface for the music production.

That's what I will buy, and I will use from my existing rig an SSD and a HDD which are 1 year old, and the GFX card that is just over a year old.

My OS is on the current SSD, which I intend to transfer to the new M.2 SSD , using EASEUS Todo , I clone my old HDD to the SSD with no issues, so it was really easy using TODO Backup. I know a clean install would be better but tbh there are so many programs installed on the original SSD it would make it virtually impossible to do it. The current SSD with the OS is 1TB and it's going to a 2TB SSD so space isn't the issue. It's just the potential for issues cloning the drives.

The rig isn't a gaming rig, it's purely for Audio Production and occasionally video editing, which is done once or twice a week, my current FX8350 system works fine for what video editing I do, but for Audio Production, its not coping anymore.

The case was the best compromise of noise vs good airflow. A closed quiet case isn't an option as the studio I work in gets extremely hot at times and I need a case with good air flow and dust filters. This case looked the best I could find.

Anyway, please if anyone could point out any issues I might have here ? Or improvements I should make , I will not be overclocking this at the start, maybe ever, depends on how it copes with future software updates. I will update the GFX card but not at the moment, because that breaks my budget.

Thank you.

5900x and whole 5000 series on 500 series chipset MBs, can use 4000MHz+ RAM. no problem there, it's even happy with 4 sticks of any frequency.
If possible, I would go for a 3600 AiO cooler, 5900x is pretty hot processor and needs serious cooling.

LeVzi

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
Looks good, I'd be swapping that aio for the 280mm model though, it tends to cost only a tiny bit more, performs better and the fans are quieter.

The parts you list are good, as long as they're competitively priced.

What country are you in??

I am in the UK , in fact the 280mm model is £10 cheaper , that's odd... lol

The price is in my budget, but I need to allow a little for someone to build it for me, I am in temporary acomodation and there is literally no room to build it other than on the floor, which I wont do.

LeVzi

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
I made one change before I purchase this, I went for the NZXT Kraken X63 280mm cooler, as apparently its a much better unit than the Bequiet and its near silent too.

Thank you.
For some reason my answer didn't go thru.
5000 series Ryzen can use memory way over 3200MHz, actually 4000MHz+ and so can that MB. 3600MHz RAM with low latency would be some best ration performance/price.