New Build - All Audio Delayed

Cedar Hawk

Reputable
May 9, 2015
Hey everyone.

I built my system back in May, and have had this problem pretty much consistently from the get-go (I've been busy with school, hence not taking care of it sooner). Essentially, all audio playback is delayed by about 100-200ms. I'm not exactly sure; it's not extreme, but it's definitely enough to be noticeable and aggravating. It occurs regardless of the output device being used (built-in Realtek or Native Instruments Rig Kontrol), and in all applications.

Parts list:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KdYqJx

I made sure to update all drivers upon initial install of the system with no change in the delay. If there's any further information I could provide that would be useful, I would be happy to, and I apologize if this would be the incorrect section; I simply wasn't sure about how to narrow down the cause of the problem in the first place.

Cedar Hawk

Reputable
May 9, 2015

I used Asio4All exclusively before picking up the Rig Kontrol unit, and wasn't at all happy with the sound quality. Plus, it still uses a built-in ASIO driver.
Plus, this delay happens regardless of whether I'm outputting through the RK unit, or through the motherboard, so it's not the cause of this delay.