[SOLVED] New build and risk involved, need advise and feedback from pros

maxwell005

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hello

I am currently looking to build my 1st pc ever :) quite exited but honestly very anxious.
The reason why im building this is of course to get a nice upgrade but also because my current pc is starting acting up and I feel that there is not much more life in it left.

This is what I currently have:
CPU: Intel - Core i5-6500
CPU Cooler: Silverstone - AR02 56 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASrock pro Z170 pro4
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Plextor M5P Series PX-256M5P
Video Card: Gibabyte GTX 1070
Case: Silverstone - PS11B-W ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Silverstone - Strider Plus 700 W 80+ Bronze
Monitor: old asus 24" 60hz (forgot the ref)

I am planning to keep the case, Cooler and Memory (I got the memory recently as my previous one failed)

This is what I am planing to build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/maxwell005/saved/kJG9Jx

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Silverstone - AR02 56 CFM
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Storage :Samsung - 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING
Case: Silverstone - PS11B-W ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Monitor: ViewSonic - VX2458-mhd 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

I am buying everything off BnH as I live outside the US and they are the only one providing SquareTrade protection internationally. As each manufacturers has different and sometime restrictive international warranty coverage this is the safest bet for me in any case something goes wrong (hopefully not)

Considering the shipping and tax cost on my side and after much research that would be the most safe and affordable solution. all in all it would cost me around 2.4k. Locally it would be around 3k.

Now before I commit to this, I would like to get feedback from the community on my build and if you had any experiences with Squaretrade and from buying with BnH

thanks A LOT in advance for your help

Cheers
Maxwell

Solution

DOA can happen, but with quality parts not so much.

maxwell005

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Going to use an existing 500 gb hd, the 250 gb ssd and my 500gb nvme. I usually do not download a lot and when I finish a game or stop playing it I get rid of it :) dont know why

Thing is that I am verry afraid of getting a DOA part. where I am based this will be an hassle to ship it back :(

ampedupdad

Proper
Nov 7, 2018

That's the risk you take, man.

It's either build it yourself and be prepared to ship it all back piece by piece, if it's dead.

Or buy a premade and send back the whole thing to one place.

DOA can happen, but with quality parts not so much.

Solution

maxwell005

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Quick update,
I gave in and bought online. All components should be on hand by Friday and I will build the PC on Saturday. Crossing fingers everything comes with no issues! :censored:
Cheers to all

P.S: the new UI rocks

Reactions: jankerson