Question New Build - Asus Motherboard Yellow Light

Sep 26, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I essentially have the entire system built, but upon boot all the colors disappear besides the yellow light. At first I thought it was the ram, but it appears on the Asus system upon bootup (32gx2 @4800mhz) and appears to be working as normal.

I took another look at it today and it seems like the light is actually on the VGA portion of the board, which also doesn't make sense to me as I used it hooked directly to the monitor via HDMI. One thing I am pondering is if maybe the older HDMI cable I used should be swapped to a new one.

Being that I have done nearly the entire thing myself, I would like to try to troubleshoot myself so I get a better understanding of how it all works and the satisfaction of completing this myself.

Also thinking it could be that I don't have Windows installed yet to update BIOS

Will have photo of the light on the board shortly, need to upload when I am home from the office

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Sep 26, 2023
Specs:
CPU: AMD 7900x
MOBO: ASUS ROG B650F
RAM: GSKILL DDR5 6000MHZ (32gb x 2)
GPU: AMD SAPPHIRE 7900XT
STORAGE: INTEL PRO 980 2TB
PSU: TTAKE GFI 850W

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I essentially have the entire system built, but upon boot all the colors disappear besides the yellow light. At first I thought it was the ram, but it appears on the Asus system upon bootup (32gx2 @4800mhz) and appears to be working as normal.

I took another look at it today and it seems like the light is actually on the VGA portion of the board, which also doesn't make sense to me as I used it hooked directly to the monitor via HDMI. One thing I am pondering is if maybe the older HDMI cable I used should be swapped to a new one.

Being that I have done nearly the entire thing myself, I would like to try to troubleshoot myself so I get a better understanding of how it all works and the satisfaction of completing this myself.

Also thinking it could be that I don't have Windows installed yet to update BIOS

Will have photo of the light on the board shortly, need to upload when I am home from the office

Any input is greatly appreciated!
From Google search: All motherboards have a LED indicator (VGA light) located near the 16-pin video connector that lights up when there is an issue with your graphics card or other video output device. This light is usually red but may be green or yellow depending on your system's make and model.

Reactions: Kolaczki
Sep 26, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Problem solved, you may think I am a little stupid on this one lol

The yellow light was actually the boot light, once I downloaded Windows 11 I was good to go!