[SOLVED] New Build B350 Tomahawk not booting (EZ DEBUG LED CPU/RAM) with Ryzen 2400G and A6-9500

Oct 15, 2019
All the parts are new except for the motherboard

Specs
-B350 Tomahawk (MOBO)
-Ryzen 2400G and A6-9500 (CPU)
-EVGA 430W (PSU)
-Corsair Vengeance 2400MHZ 2x8 (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 ) /HYPER X 2133MHZ 1x8 (HX421C14FB2/8)
-No Storage Drives
-No Graphics Cards

This is a new build and I can't figure out what is wrong with it.
The issue of this build is that it can not boot. I first assembled the computer and placed it in the case I bought and it wouldn't boot. I decided to troubleshoot this and removed the motherboard from its case and did a method called breadboarding. I was told that this motherboard was running and working and that the motherboard was running an R5 2600 with videos of it running. My first test on this motherboard was a Ryzen 5 2400G and the Corsair RAM. I tried running and I didn't get a boot nor signal on the monitor. This was hooked up via HDMI. The keyboard and mouse wouldn't also power on. I checked out the motherboard and the CPU EZ DEBUG LED was on. I started looking through archived post and threads and it all lead to a RAM issue. I removed the ram from the motherboard, I then powered it on and the CPU DEBUG LED was still on, the DRAM LED was off which I was expecting it to be on. I removed the CPU from the motherboard including the RAM removed and powered it on. The CPU EZ DEBUG LED was still on. I started panicking and kept scrolling through threads. I heard methods of trying to only insert one stick onto the A1/B2 slot, one at a time with the CPU and the CPU LED was still on. I then tried another method which was ressetting the CMOS by removing the battery and I got the same results. I then found a post where the bios may not be updated so I got my hands onto the A6-9500, to insure the RAM would work, I traded my Corsair RAM with the Hyper X ram momentarily. I placed the new CPU into the socket and placed the HYPER X RAM into the B2 slot. I got the same result. However, I got a different result when I removed the HYPER X ram. When I powered the motherboard without the RAM, the DRAM LED turned on and the CPU LED turned off. There however still was no display. I did another CMOS battery reset and it produced the same results. I am basically in a dead end and I dont know what to do. Should I test with the Corsair RAM with the A6 or is the motherboard bricked/corrupted.

Solution
With the A6-9500 CPU and one module of the DDR4-2400 Corsair Vengeance RAM installed in slot DIMMA2 (second from the left), you should be able to boot your system, If you are unable to do so, I would inspect the CPU for bent pins.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
With the A6-9500 CPU and one module of the DDR4-2400 Corsair Vengeance RAM installed in slot DIMMA2 (second from the left), you should be able to boot your system, If you are unable to do so, I would inspect the CPU for bent pins.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Oct 15, 2019

-Wolf sends
I inspected the CPU for bents pins and reseated it over a span of 4 times today, but I haven't tried running the RAM module in the DIMMA2, can I use the HYPER X RAM Module instead, I currently don't have the Corsair Vengeance RAM at the moment, but if necessary, I can get it back from my friend and try this tomorrow.

Edit: Just tried using the HYPER X RAM and I still receive the same result, the CPU EZ DEBUG shining bright and red.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
What version of BIOS is installed? If it's the latest, it may be that in order to support the newer generation of Ryzen CPUs, support for the A-Series of APUs was dropped (due to memory limitations on the BIOS chip).

Try installing the 2200G and one module of HyperX RAM in slot DIMMA2 to see if you can get it to boot.

-Wolf sends

Oct 15, 2019
What version of BIOS is installed? If it's the latest, it may be that in order to support the newer generation of Ryzen CPUs, support for the A-Series of APUs was dropped (due to memory limitations on the BIOS chip).

Try installing the 2200G and one module of HyperX RAM in slot DIMMA2 to see if you can get it to boot.

-Wolf sends
I popped the Ryzen 2400G back in, keeping focused that the pins align with the socket, dropping it into the socket, then securing the socket. I then placed the cooler that the A6 had and making sure the cooler was connected to the "CPU FAN". I then removed the RAM from the DIMMA2 slot, I positioned myself to reseat it, popped the Module into the DIMMA2 Slot, using enough force that the locking tabs for the ram close. I powered the PC through the case, and the CPU LED came back to haunt me.

Oct 15, 2019
If you're getting CPU EZ Debug lights regardless of which CPU you have installed, I'm thinking the motherboard is faulty. I can't think of any reason why neither CPU would work.

-Wolf sends
I will try one last time with the Corsair Vengeance Ram and see if I can try to boot it one last time, if it doesn't boot (most likely won't) I thank you for your help, I will keep this thread here though until I am able to confirm that it was just a faulty motherboard. But thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated.