[SOLVED] New Build - B450 Aorus M - No Display - VGA LED light

Thunderhand64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Parts:
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 "AF" 65W AM4 Processor (YD1600BBAFBOX)
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB Video Card
EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply
ADATA SU635 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Problem: Brand new components. Put it together. Trying to install OS, but can't get BIOS to show. No display. VGA LED is lit.

Been searching forums and videos. Finding SIMILAR situations, but none seem to be directly applicable (if I am understanding them correctly). Currently plodding through trouble shooting steps. But if anyone's encountered this and knows the fix, I'd appreciate the time saved. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Make sure you have all the connections in the right place, make sure your CPU power has an EPS or CPU power cable connected to it, not a VGA power cable(they can be similar in shape), and make sure you have installed the additional power connector for the graphics card. Also, are you plugging your monitor into the GPU output slots, and not the motherboard output slots?
Try to put the RX 570 in the other PCIe slot.
If nothing take out the RAM sticks.
If still nothing, next step would be to test with another PSU
Make sure you have all the connections in the right place, make sure your CPU power has an EPS or CPU power cable connected to it, not a VGA power cable(they can be similar in shape), and make sure you have installed the additional power connector for the graphics card. Also, are you plugging your monitor into the GPU output slots, and not the motherboard output slots?

Thunderhand64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply, Shektron.

Make sure you have all the connections in the right place - yep. Went over them many times. I could still be missing something though. So that's what I'm currently doing.

make sure your CPU power has an EPS or CPU power cable connected to it, not a VGA power cable (they can be similar in shape) - yep. Easy. It has "CPU" stamped right on it. Also, checked that it is not on backwards, though the clip really only allows it to connect one way.

and make sure you have installed the additional power connector for the graphics card - yep. It has just one 8-pin connector socket. PCI-E connector is stamped, is a 6-and-2, and again the clip ridge allows it to go on only one way.

Also, are you plugging your monitor into the GPU output slots, and not the motherboard output slots - yep. It has 1 HDMI and 3 DPs. I'm using the HDMI.

Thanks for the input. If you can think of anything else for this specific build, I'd appreciate it.

Try to put the RX 570 in the other PCIe slot.
If nothing take out the RAM sticks.
If still nothing, next step would be to test with another PSU

Solution

Thunderhand64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Thanks, egda23.

Try to put the RX 570 in the other PCIe slot. - RX 570's heat sink/fan features will not allow it to fit in the other slot in the case I'm using. If I get to the point of removing the motherboard from the case, then it'll fit, so I'll try that. I did remove the RX 570 and reseat it, though, just to make sure of that.

If nothing take out the RAM sticks. - Tried each RAM stick alone in Slot 1; no luck. Booted without any RAM sticks AT ALL; no luck.

If still nothing, next step would be to test with another PSU - Trying PSU next.