[SOLVED] New Build Black Screen Ryzen 3200G and msi b450

Jun 17, 2019
Hi i purchased the parts for a new build and have put everything together, it all light's up but i am only getting a black screen and have tried vga,dvi and hdmi ports. My only guess is because i need to get the new bios on there? Is there anyway i can get the bios on without buying a previous gen cpu? Or do i have a different problem?

Solution
What motherboard did you buy exactly? Did you make sure it was 3rd gen compatible. The majority of em are, but some aren’t. You’re on the right track tho. The B450 chipset needs to be flashed to work with the 3rd Gen ryzens. This however should not be a problem, and you dont need a 1/2nd gen Zen for this. It should show something. Double check your monitor/screen, make sure everything is hooked up as described in manual of mobo
Jun 17, 2019
also have just been told by my friend that i should still be getting a display show up even with the bios being out of date? is this correct if anyone knows?

Aug 15, 2019
What motherboard did you buy exactly? Did you make sure it was 3rd gen compatible. The majority of em are, but some aren’t. You’re on the right track tho. The B450 chipset needs to be flashed to work with the 3rd Gen ryzens. This however should not be a problem, and you dont need a 1/2nd gen Zen for this. It should show something. Double check your monitor/screen, make sure everything is hooked up as described in manual of mobo

Solution

TRENDING THREADS