[SOLVED] New Build Black Screen Ryzen 3200G and MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC

Oct 23, 2020
When I power on the system the RGB on the ram and cooler work, but there is only a black screen. I have it hooked up via HDMI since I didn't purchase a video card, hence the 3200G CPU. This build is for my wife who does 0 gaming and just wanted to replace her laptop so I purchased the Cooler Master NR200P White for its small form factor. I checked all the connections and they're good

Solution
I ended up finding out the issue and resolving it thanks to some YouTube digging. Turns out a common problem is the display port/hdmi won't recognize the cable so you have to either remove and insert it a few times or just try a different cable (which is what I did) and managed to get past the black screen and boot my device with a fresh Windows install

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Sadly my monitor doesn't have anything but VGA and DVI, the motherboard on the PC that won't go past the black screen doesn't have anything except for HDMI and Display Port, I'm going to work in a few hours and I'll see if they have any lying around to try tomorrow
If none of that works then you can try your RX580. If the RX580 doesn't work then unfortunately I can't help you.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Your motherborad may not
When I power on the system the RGB on the ram and cooler work, but there is only a black screen. I have it hooked up via HDMI since I didn't purchase a video card, hence the 3200G CPU. This build is for my wife who does 0 gaming and just wanted to replace her laptop so I purchased the Cooler Master NR200P White for its small form factor. I checked all the connections and they're good
Your motherboard may not have the updated bios (7A40vA7 and above) that adds support for 3000 series cpus. Since your motherboard doesn't seem to have a flash bios button, you will need a compatible cpu/apu (except for those noted in the link above).

Reactions: kurdtnz
Oct 23, 2020
I ended up finding out the issue and resolving it thanks to some YouTube digging. Turns out a common problem is the display port/hdmi won't recognize the cable so you have to either remove and insert it a few times or just try a different cable (which is what I did) and managed to get past the black screen and boot my device with a fresh Windows install

Solution