whwjdgma770

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
CPU: fx 6300
MOBO : Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950
PSU: CM Extreme 2 Power plus 625w
Ram : two 4gb ram

When i turn it on all the fans runs and the gpu has a button on the side that lights up if i push it. My TV is currently hooked up with HDMI cord. I tried two different cords still blank screen. Yes, my tv is on the right channel. The 12v 4+4 pin is connected to the mobo. I tried moving the gpu to the secondary PCI-E and it still didnt work. I tried different ram slots. I'm out of ideas. I don't know whats wrong, please help.

Solution
Do you have a vga monitor? it may be the case that a vga connection is the default and that a HDMI would only be enabled via windows or another OS. That's a guess, but a good place to start to rule out something simple but in the realm of possibility.
Another thought is maybe the aspect ratio is set so that a line of text is "off screen" when displayed on the T.V.

Sidestep

sidestep

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Do you have a vga monitor? it may be the case that a vga connection is the default and that a HDMI would only be enabled via windows or another OS. That's a guess, but a good place to start to rule out something simple but in the realm of possibility.
Another thought is maybe the aspect ratio is set so that a line of text is "off screen" when displayed on the T.V.

Sidestep

Solution

whwjdgma770

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Thanks for input but my graphics card sadly doesn't have a VGA. Only 2 DVI, HDMI, and DP.
Also i don't think its the aspect ratio since the TV displays text "no visual input" for the first couple seconds

sidestep

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Ok, so if no vga then DVI connection? any monitor at all? don't get wrong, a TV should work, but often times the simple things are the cause of problems with computers.. With most users using a monitor with their computer, its reasonable to think that HDMI might not be a default 1st choice for the video card. Beyond that, I would triple check all wiring, especially around the motherboard.