Question New build - White LED VGA.

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
See bottom post for latest issue in this unnecessary saga!

I am a YouTuber and streamer uploading Nintendo Switch gameplay. My old PC completely crashed and I need to build a new one quick.

I already have the Elgato HD60+ used for streaming, but I'm at a complete loss as to what to do now to keep the build as cheap as possible while also running software such as OBS and Davinci Resolve without lag and constant crashes.

I have a budget of right around $900 and I will have to purchase everything from Amazon so that it can be placed on my store card for financing.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor | $169.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard | MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard | $84.99 @ Amazon
Memory | Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | $67.98 @ Amazon
Storage | Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $95.99 @ Amazon
Video Card | PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 8 GB RED DRAGON Video Card | $359.99 @ Amazon
Case | Cooler Master MasterBox MB510L ATX Mid Tower Case | $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | $75.98 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $904.91
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 21:15 EDT-0400 |

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
Huge problem!!! I have everything set up and ready to go, but my monitor is receiving no signal from the onboard display driver or the GPU. In fact, the GPU isn't even spinning.

When I turn it on, all of the fans power up, and the motherboard is not beeping or anything like that, so I have no idea what is going on.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yVYZ8M

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
I've reseated the RAM and GPU. I even used a different cable from the GPU to the PSU. It's still as if there is no power making it to the GPU. I'm going to try and use a different PSU, to see perhaps that is the problem.

The only lights I see on the motherboard are the ones that turn on as soon as the PSU is switched on around the IO Panel.

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
I tried new PSU and it wouldn't even power on the case, so I went back to the original PSU for this build. I don't know what I did differently, but the stupid machine finally decided to display the bios. Now let's see if I can get this headache setup.

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
So, now I've encountered a new problem. The second HDD that I installed is not appearing under This PC, but shows up under Device Manager as Unknown Device? How would I remedy this?

Whenever I try to initialize it under Disk Management, I always get an error stating that the system cannot find the file specified.

Last edited:

Elkattio

Distinguished
May 27, 2016
Okay. I got all of that sorted. The PC recognizes both drives now. It boots up the way it is supposed to. No issues whatsoever until it entered sleep mode. Not only will it not wake up from sleep mode by pressing enter on the keyboard or what have you, it won't wake up after physically turning the machine off and back on again.

The LED indicator is white. According to the manual, white means VGA. Could this be caused by the Elgato HD60 Pro? What do I need to do now? This has turned into a 3 day job. I'd really appreciate some help.

Last edited: