[SOLVED] New Build - Boot QLED stays on ?

Jun 17, 2021
I've put this all together and ready for the GPU to arrive tomorrow, my understanding is I should be able to bootup with onboard graphics?
On powering the system up it flashes through the QLED lights, CPU, DRAM, then the VGA one comes up nice and bright and it flicks straight to the green "Boot" LED which is the only one that stays on.

I've unplugged all SATA connectors and reconnected, tried booting with none of them connected at all and it does the same thing, I've double checked the RAM and CPU, tried putting a USB boot drive in, nothing working at all so far :(

I've got the monitor connected via DP which causes the VGA led to come on, and then HDMI and the led goes out and still nothing comes up on there at all.

Specs:

Asus TUF Gaming B560-Plus WiFi LGA 1200 ATX
Intel Core i7 10700K 8 Cores 3.8GHz
Corsair A500 High Performance Dual Fan CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
Corsair RM550x 550W V2 Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold
Samsung 27in FHD 240Hz Curved G-Sync Compatible Gaming Monitor
Asus Internal 12X Blu-Ray Combo Optical Disc Drive
Samsung 1TB 870 EVO 2.5in SATA SSD

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
* EDIT *
After reviewing the manual for your motherboard, it would seem to indicate that it doesn't have an integrated graphics option available. Section 7.12 (found HERE) on page 40-41 doesn't show any indication of one. What led you to believe that there was an integrated option available?

FYI: Motherboard's themselves no longer have on-board GPU, that practice was discontinued years ago. The integrated GPU is built in to the CPU where applicable.
Did you make sure that the BIOS is set to allow integrated graphics to be used?

Is it showing anything at all on the monitor or does it stay black the entire time?

* EDIT *
After reviewing the manual for your motherboard, it would seem to indicate that it doesn't have an integrated graphics option available. Section 7.12 (found HERE) on page 40-41 doesn't show any indication of one. What led you to believe that there was an integrated option available?

Last edited:
I can't even load into BIOS.
It's got HMDI and DP ports on the motherboard so I assumed it must have inbuilt graphics capability
I'm making sure I didn't overlook something (which is ENTIRELY possible).

* EDIT *
I found a Q&A section that provides some insight into the configuration of the board itself in regards to the integrated graphics and the UEFI BIOS. Take a look HERE

* EDIT *

FYI: Motherboard's themselves no longer have on-board GPU, that practice was discontinued years ago. The integrated GPU is built in to the CPU where applicable.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution

I've been under a rock for a few years so it's quite likely. I know some still have the option in BIOS to enable/disable it accordingly but it could have slipped past me so I apologize if I was wrong on that.