rockhead21784

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
I bought a ASRock A780GXE/128M motherboard with an AMD 5050e cpu. I have built a few systems in my time, but this one is being a pain. I installed in the case first and then tried the doing it out of the case as suggested by the moderator. All I am hooking up is the CPU and CPU fan and PSU(Antec Earthwatts 430). When I turn it on both case fans work and the CPU fan works. So I know the powersupply is fine. The cpu fan is of course hooked to the motherboard, so I am getting power to the motherboard. I don't hear any beeping like everyone says. Shoud I hear the beeping or do I need some sort of audio device(I did try hooking up my speakers to motherboard and heard nothing). So without hearing any beeping I am not sure of the problem. I am using the stock fan that came with the CPU and it already had plenty of paste on the heatsink. Suggestions please.

Thanks

you do need to hook up a speaker to the mb . its often in the case or it came with the mb .

Have you tried installing everything and just booting? Right now it sounds like you arwe trying to fix a problem that might not exist

rockhead21784

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Thanks....I did find a speaker in another computer case and hooked it up and still no sound. The first thing I did was hook up my entire system in the case and the same problem,,,so I figured I would start from scratch...cleard the cmos.....took out the battery,,,everything i read says all i need is the cpu/heatsink/and psu and i should hear some beeps to say no memory,.,,,but i hear no beeps.