[SOLVED] New build boots (slowly) but eventually crashes every restart attempt gets stuck

Nov 16, 2021
The build:
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO
Memoy: G.Skill DDR4 3200
Storage: Samsung 980 M.2 SSD
CPU: i5-9400F
GPU: Two RTX 3080 Asus Strix
PSU: Enermax Platimax 1700W
I am also using risers for the GPU's

The build (usually) starts but it takes 40sec-2min to do so and I see a blackscreen with a blinking line during that time. I have not yet managed to install any drivers for the MB which is one of my guesses for why this is happening. I only installed the Geforce Experience and the drivers there. The build is just slow to react and beforr it crashes it becomes slower and slower. Any advice on what I should be. looking for? I tried switching out a riser and while I do think that it improved the reaction time it does still crash.

Solution
I am positive that the risers absolutely cause all of the problems. I don't think I did anything wrong and I even tried out different ones but they were all causing crashes and slowing the system down to varying degrees. I am not sure which ones I should buy to replace them but at least I managed to pinpoint the issue.
I would try first with only one directly connected GPU and once that works try with another one.
The build:
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO
Memoy: G.Skill DDR4 3200
Storage: Samsung 980 M.2 SSD
CPU: i5-9400F
GPU: Two RTX 3080 Asus Strix
PSU: Enermax Platimax 1700W
I am also using risers for the GPU's

The build (usually) starts but it takes 40sec-2min to do so and I see a blackscreen with a blinking line during that time. I have not yet managed to install any drivers for the MB which is one of my guesses for why this is happening. I only installed the Geforce Experience and the drivers there. The build is just slow to react and beforr it crashes it becomes slower and slower. Any advice on what I should be. looking for? I tried switching out a riser and while I do think that it improved the reaction time it does still crash.
"a black screen with a blinking line" means that OS/windows is not found and it's looking for BOOT sector.
Are windows newly installed or transplanted from older system ?

Nov 16, 2021
I am positive that the risers absolutely cause all of the problems. I don't think I did anything wrong and I even tried out different ones but they were all causing crashes and slowing the system down to varying degrees. I am not sure which ones I should buy to replace them but at least I managed to pinpoint the issue.

I would try first with only one directly connected GPU and once that works try with another one.

Solution