New build boots up no video output

twistybacon

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone, i finally had the guts to build my first pc. The components i use are:
Case: corsair 460X white
Mobo: msi b360 carbon pro
Cpu: i7 9700k
Cpu fan: coolermaster ma610p
Ram: trident z rgb 2x8 ddr43000mhz
Gpu: rtx 2080 hasnt deliverd yet but used a 1050 to test.

After installing evrything it seems that the system is going fine, the only problem is that my keyboard doesn't seem to light up and my monitor doesnt get a signal. In the meantime evry fan in the system is running and glowing together with the ram. The ez led debug on the motherboard first indicates the cpu for a couple of seconds but then turns back off.
I think that the isue lies on the cpu since this mobo does support 9th gen but the bios might have not being updated to it. Im really desperate at this moment because i have tried evrything from former threads but they dont seem to change the outcome.
I also orderd the cheapest 8th gen to see if the problem would be the bios not being up to date but it arrives next week.

Solution
"I also orderd the cheapest 8th gen to see if the problem would be the bios not being up to date but it arrives next week. "

The problem seems to be BIOS related, so I suggest waiting for the CPU. Further troubleshooting would not do any good.
"I also orderd the cheapest 8th gen to see if the problem would be the bios not being up to date but it arrives next week. "

The problem seems to be BIOS related, so I suggest waiting for the CPU. Further troubleshooting would not do any good.

Solution

twistybacon

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Thanks! I will wait till it has arrived to see if i can get it to boot up in bios. Ille definitely keep you up to date with the situation