Question New Build, BSOD clean install windows 10- I'm stuck help please!

Aug 31, 2020
OK, apologies if this gets long and confusing but I'm sure someone here knows 10000% more than I do, I'm not an expert but I have searched as well as I could for solutions and am still coming up with nothing. Here is my story, figured its easier to scan past non important parts than type in a question so tried to be as thorough as possible.

Recently I traded a 65inch 4k tv for a 32 inch 1440p 144hz monitor, and because of that I decided to upgrade some other components as well- you know how it goes. Here is what I ended up with- the GPU and both HD's were in old build, which was a i7 920 asus p6t I got off craigslist a long time ago for a good price. My case seems to be just a generic mid tower atx that came with craigslist buy, has a front panel with usb and audio thats about it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($208.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($69.99 @ Corsair)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card ($599.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

So, I get the parts, I put everything together as proper as I know how, referencing manuals and youtube and everything. I end up just putting in the drives and booting windows up and it works so I figure things are good. I get drivers updated, everything seems to be more or less ok. I mostly just game on this, Overwatch is max 144 frames so perfect. Call of Duty MW however crashes maybe every 45 minutes or so which is annoying, I'm just on the multiplayer mode so not losing epic battle royale matches but still. I scan and repair the 220gb file, play again it still keeps happening, referencing devcode and disc read error. So I delete and start downloading again, while I do this I play a game called Avorion on steam thats offline and its running great. Temps on computer seems to be good, or matching up with what the internet seems to say is ok (41c at idle) but while I'm downloading COD Chrome starts to act weird and the "ah snap" page keeps coming up a lot. I figured this was because I using all the bandwidth up on the download so throttled it but chrome still seems weird. Anyway, I go to sleep and wake up with COD finally downloaded, and now it won't even get to the very first screen without crashing, the splash screen with a loading bar fails. With the prospect of installing COD again I say "screw it" I'm just gonna do a clean install of windows, maybe it's because I went from intel to amd and I know its recommended you clean install that. I have nothing on either HD that I can't just download again.

Its now a day later my computer now won't even get to the first "install or repair" screen of the usb flash drive installer with bsod. At the beginning it would get further along in the install process but now it doesnt get very far at all. Errors listed include but are not limited to, critical_process_died, phaze 1 initialization failed, 0xc000021b, 0xc00007b, 0xc0000145 and a couple others I can't remember. I have tried 2 different USB flash drives, in multiple usb slots on computer, using the microsoft installer and the rufus install too, mostly microsoft one. I have tried to install on SD and spinner seperately, with only one plugged in at a time. I wiped the SD using the bios SD cleaner, and when I was able to access the system command in the installer I wiped the spinner as well using the disk part clean thing. I have ran mem86test on ram all night, no errors. I updated the bios to the most recent version. I have the defaults on in bios and nothing overclocked, I have tried installing with the ram set to default and with the docp thing turned onto 3200mhz. I have tried csm on and off. Under the secure boot page in bios I have tried Windows UEFI and other os. AHCI is on in SATA settings. Fast boot is off. I reseated the RAM and GPU they seemed to be in there.

I am totally stuck, its so weird it was working and now it's completely messed up, computer games were the only thing keeping me going to be honest and now I'm getting despondent haha. If anyone has any advice I'd love to get some direction, hopefully I'm overlooking something dumb. Currently I have the SD in, the (brand new) USB drive in, bios sees the usb drive and its boot priority, and it just keeps restarting over and over. Worse case scenario I'm gonna take it into a computer shop but I just would hope this is something fixable at home.

Thanks for reading this diatribe.

OK, apologies if this gets long and confusing but I'm sure someone here knows 10000% more than I do, I'm not an expert but I have searched as well as I could for solutions and am still coming up with nothing. Here is my story, figured its easier to scan past non important parts than type in a question so tried to be as thorough as possible.

Recently I traded a 65inch 4k tv for a 32 inch 1440p 144hz monitor, and because of that I decided to upgrade some other components as well- you know how it goes. Here is what I ended up with- the GPU and both HD's were in old build, which was a i7 920 asus p6t I got off craigslist a long time ago for a good price. My case seems to be just a generic mid tower atx that came with craigslist buy, has a front panel with usb and audio thats about it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($208.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($69.99 @ Corsair)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card ($599.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

So, I get the parts, I put everything together as proper as I know how, referencing manuals and youtube and everything. I end up just putting in the drives and booting windows up and it works so I figure things are good. I get drivers updated, everything seems to be more or less ok. I mostly just game on this, Overwatch is max 144 frames so perfect. Call of Duty MW however crashes maybe every 45 minutes or so which is annoying, I'm just on the multiplayer mode so not losing epic battle royale matches but still. I scan and repair the 220gb file, play again it still keeps happening, referencing devcode and disc read error. So I delete and start downloading again, while I do this I play a game called Avorion on steam thats offline and its running great. Temps on computer seems to be good, or matching up with what the internet seems to say is ok (41c at idle) but while I'm downloading COD Chrome starts to act weird and the "ah snap" page keeps coming up a lot. I figured this was because I using all the bandwidth up on the download so throttled it but chrome still seems weird. Anyway, I go to sleep and wake up with COD finally downloaded, and now it won't even get to the very first screen without crashing, the splash screen with a loading bar fails. With the prospect of installing COD again I say "screw it" I'm just gonna do a clean install of windows, maybe it's because I went from intel to amd and I know its recommended you clean install that. I have nothing on either HD that I can't just download again.

Its now a day later my computer now won't even get to the first "install or repair" screen of the usb flash drive installer with bsod. At the beginning it would get further along in the install process but now it doesnt get very far at all. Errors listed include but are not limited to, critical_process_died, phaze 1 initialization failed, 0xc000021b, 0xc00007b, 0xc0000145 and a couple others I can't remember. I have tried 2 different USB flash drives, in multiple usb slots on computer, using the microsoft installer and the rufus install too, mostly microsoft one. I have tried to install on SD and spinner seperately, with only one plugged in at a time. I wiped the SD using the bios SD cleaner, and when I was able to access the system command in the installer I wiped the spinner as well using the disk part clean thing. I have ran mem86test on ram all night, no errors. I updated the bios to the most recent version. I have the defaults on in bios and nothing overclocked, I have tried installing with the ram set to default and with the docp thing turned onto 3200mhz. I have tried csm on and off. Under the secure boot page in bios I have tried Windows UEFI and other os. AHCI is on in SATA settings. Fast boot is off. I reseated the RAM and GPU they seemed to be in there.

I am totally stuck, its so weird it was working and now it's completely messed up, computer games were the only thing keeping me going to be honest and now I'm getting despondent haha. If anyone has any advice I'd love to get some direction, hopefully I'm overlooking something dumb. Currently I have the SD in, the (brand new) USB drive in, bios sees the usb drive and its boot priority, and it just keeps restarting over and over. Worse case scenario I'm gonna take it into a computer shop but I just would hope this is something fixable at home.

Thanks for reading this diatribe.
What slots do you have you ram in?

Aug 31, 2020
What slots do you have you ram in?

So, I've gotten a step further- I double dipped and posted on another site too. I have the ram in A2 and B2, which I think it's supposed to be in, but upon further investigation the corsair vengeance is ver 5.22 where the version accepted on the motherboard is ver 4.24. So I'm gonna attempt to go buy some new ram with the right version and see if that helps.

Reactions: white.a.drew