[SOLVED] New build BSOD trying to install Win10

May 7, 2019
New build. Posts to BIOS, but won't boot to USB Windows installer media.

At boot, we get a windows logo, and after a minute or two a BSOD with one of the following errors:
WHEA Uncorrectable Error
IRQL Not Less or Equal
Unfixable Error
Your computer has encountered a pro

The BSOD screen is often not even complete... the system hangs before finishing the page display.

Installing from USB DVD drive with purchased Win 10 DVD media.

Specs:
Core i7-6700K @ 4.00 GHz
Asus ROG Strix Z170-A Gaming
2x8GB Corsair Vengance 3000 MHz PC4-24000
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS 80+
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
EVGA GeForce GTX 980

Any advice and help appreciated!

Solution
Well, we got it working. We added an old SATA drive that had Win 7 on it, which failed to boot, but when we removed the Win 7 drive the system booted off the Win 10 DVD and successfully ran the installer.

This is my 10th PC build. One of the nice things about building your own PC is that, if something goes wrong, you learn something new. Unless it's the Windows installation: Then you just need to bang on it like a monkey and eventually it will work.

Guess I'll mark this solved.
May 7, 2019
Well, we got it working. We added an old SATA drive that had Win 7 on it, which failed to boot, but when we removed the Win 7 drive the system booted off the Win 10 DVD and successfully ran the installer.

This is my 10th PC build. One of the nice things about building your own PC is that, if something goes wrong, you learn something new. Unless it's the Windows installation: Then you just need to bang on it like a monkey and eventually it will work.

Guess I'll mark this solved.

Last edited:
Solution