Question New Build - BSOD

Feb 12, 2019
Hi everyone! I recently built PC and I am running into a problem.
CPU - i5-8600k,
GPU - MSI GTX 1070Ti
MOBO - MSI MPG Z390 AC
RAM -16GB of Patriot 3000MHz
PSU - EVGA 850 G2

My problem is When I boot up I will last a couple minutes without doing anything then once I run a program I get a BSOD with different error codes. So far the ones I have received are KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I have reinstalled windows and I still get these. I read that it could be my GPUs driver so I try installing the latest version but then I will get the BSOD. I have updated my BIOS to the latest one released. I have tried doing the chkdsk /r command in prompt but it gives me an error saying that my drives are the wrong format. I have tried the sfc /scannow and nothing changes. I ran memtest86 to see if it was the RAM and it found nothing. I'm completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019
What about if you use the iGP of the 8600K ? Remove the GPU, do you still get BSODs?

Disabled XMP to test?
I restarted my PC and I tried the installer for the GPU again. It crashed once more but I repeated the process and it didn't crash. XMP Boost was disabled. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Feb 12, 2019
What about if you use the iGP of the 8600K ? Remove the GPU, do you still get BSODs?

Disabled XMP to test?
I went to clear my CMOS and I noticed that in the manual to do that you have to jump it because it doesn't have the button. My board didn't come with the little plastic thing to jump it. Could that be the problem? On Neweggs website they have a photo of the motherboard and it has it right under the coin battery.

Feb 12, 2019
To clear the CMOS, you should be able to just remove the CR2032 battery and wait ~10 mins then reinsert.
Yea I was able to clear it. It seemed to help because now I am crashing less and lasting longer in Windows. I was able to install all updates and my GPU drivers but I still crash and now I loose signal to my monitor and my PC will randomly restart.