Question New Build Can’t Enter Bios Help

Feb 22, 2021
Hello All,

Just completed the following build:

Asus X570 Prime- MOBo
5800x
32GB Ram

Issue is when I boot up the computer I get the ASUS screen and it says press F2 or Del to enter BIOS. I do that and nothing happens. I have tried 3 different keyboards. All of the keyboards look like they have power so I am lost. Right now I have removed the CMOS battery to see if that does anything.

Any other advice???

Feb 22, 2021
You want to keep pressing the "Del" key once you restart the PC, don't wait to the screen to appear first, to get into the BIOS. Is that what you are doing?

Tried that. One I thing I did notice was the VRAM light was yellow and the CPU was. It lighting up on the motherboard at all

tecmo34

Administrator
Your motherboard may need a BIOS update, since the 5800X isn't supported on the original BIOS, it needs to be updated. This is probably be why the CPU light is on since it can't register the CPU without a BIOS update.

As for the RAM light, are you running one, two or four slots of RAM? Verify they are install correctly per Page 1-5 of your manual with starting with the DIMM_A2, which is the furthest away from the CPU.

Reactions: GJM87
Feb 22, 2021
Your motherboard may need a BIOS update, since the 5800X isn't supported on the original BIOS, it needs to be updated. This is probably be why the CPU light is on since it can't register the CPU without a BIOS update.

As for the RAM light, are you running one, two or four slots of RAM? Verify they are install correctly per Page 1-5 of your manual with starting with the DIMM_A2, which is the furthest away from the CPU.

interesting on the CPU. The light wasn’t on just wanted to clarify. Also have 4 sticks of RAM in the rig