Question New build can't install windows

May 25, 2019
Hey all,

I recently built this pc : Build

It turns on fine and I can get into bios no problem. When I go to boot from USB to install windows 10, the windows blue logo comes up, few more seconds then the white ring appears makes half a revolution and the pc resets execpt it just goes to a black screen, nothing happens. If I reset it will go back to the mobo splash screen where I can go into the bios or try again and start the cycle over.

I tried the USB on another comp and the windows boot is just fine. I have since installed a new psu but that did nothing. I am about to send back the ram for new sticks, then do mobo, then cpu if those don't work.

In the bios everything seems to be reading fine, all voltages look good. I am at a loss so will just change out things one at a time.

I was curious if anyone else has had this issue and can help speed up my troubleshooting process so I can get this pc going.

Im just curious if there is anything else im missing?

SOLVED: Removed GPU and installed windows with integrated graphics. Then reinstalled GPU once windows was up. Thank you
mdd1963 for the suggestion!

Last edited:
May 25, 2019

They are linked in the post, first line.

I think I may have found the issue though. It's the ram, if you look in the link you'll see the ram I have there is fine. However I decided I wanted 16gb instead of 8. Well I made the changes as I was buying everything and I wasnt paying attention and I got 2666mhz ram, which is incompatible with the cpu I chose which max out at 2400mhz. Bone head I know.

I put in the return today. Compatible ram will be here Tuesday. I will update on if this works or not then, but I'm petty confident the pc will be fine with the compatible ram.

Lesson to everyone always double check compatibility especially when you make last minute changes.

May 25, 2019
Well not the ram. New ram showed up today. Installed and doing the same thing. Windows logo, white dots do half a revolution and shuts off to black screen.

Guess I'll replace the chip now. But if anyone has any suggestions on all ears.

May 25, 2019
It's OK to run faster rated RAM at a lower default speed, BTW...

You might try a WIndows install first running from integrated video, then add the GPU afterward...;this would certainly rule out concerns of RAM, etc., if that proceeds fine

Understood, but i figrued it was worth a shot.

I will try the video card today. Thanks for the suggestion.!

May 25, 2019

You might try a WIndows install first running from integrated video, then add the GPU afterward...;this would certainly rule out concerns of RAM, etc., if that proceeds fine
Well so far so good, windows is installing now, hopefully the video card can be put back in after and still boot.

Still confused as to what is happening, is it a driver issue since its an intel chip with and AMD gpu? ive built a few pcs but always intel/nvida i have never used any amd. is this common?

May 25, 2019

Holy crap it worked! removed the gpu and windows installed just fine. was able to install the gpu afterwards. everything is working perfectly! you saved me the head ache of exchanges and reinstalling the cpu! Thank you so much!

I am still baffled as to why this is, again is it because its a radeon and not nvidia? shouldn't matter i wouldn't think but i can not understand why this worked.....eh who cares it did and the pc is up and running thanks again!!

This thread can be closed