Question New build, clock_watchdog_timeout and complete system freeze

Jun 14, 2020
Hey all, I just finished up a brand new build yesterday and I immediately started having issues about 10 minutes after installing windows 10 and booting back up. One of two things happens every time I boot up and start trying to do anything, usually within 5-10 minutes. As title says I get either the clock_watchdog_timeout error or the entire system freezes, can't even bring up task manager.
So far I've tried reseating the cpu, reapplying thermal paste and the liquid cooler, ran the windows memory diagnostic tool for my ram(no issues found), reset to factory bios settings, disabled bios setting that automatically overclocks the cpu somewhat, did a restore of windows 10 and have also tried to install latest windows updates but can never get far enough due to freeze/crash. Also trying to update windows via usb drive from another computer as I write this. I'm in dire need of some help here! Its been 8 years since I last built a pc and i'm not nearly as tech savy as most of you out there. I would appreciate any insight or wisdom you all can share!
For reference my specs are: ryzen 3900x
asus crosshair viii hero mobo (currently updated to latest bios version)
corsair h100i platinum se liduid cooler
32 gigs of corsair vengeance ram
evga 2080 super xc
WD black M2 ssd
750 w gold rated corsair psu
6 corsair ll120 fans connected via commander pro and led hub
Thank you so much in advance!

Is this 32 GB RAM kit a pair of 16 GB sticks, or 4 ea 8 GB sticks?

In any event, I'd consider dropping down to one stick of RAM at conservative clock speeds, use Auto SPD even if only at 2133 MHz to establish some stability..

I'd disconnect superfluous case fans/hubs, and any irrelevant storage devices for the duration of troubleshooting...

Assuming you are doing a fresh install on a blanked M.2, vice rebooting with new hardware from a previous installation, and, have installed AMD's chipset/Ryzen drivers?

Jun 14, 2020
It’s a 2x16 kit. I actually just finished updating windows 10 via a usb flash drive and so far no more freezing or watchdog error! Will continue to use and see if it happens again. One other concern I have is cpu temp. I’ve read online that quite a few people deal with somewhat high idle temps with the Ryzen 3900X. After disabling core performance boost in the bios I’m sitting at 36 degrees Celsius and around 1.009 v while idle in the bios menu. Is that acceptable ranges?