Jun 29, 2018
Hi
I am doing a budget build. I am wondering if it is compatible
This are the parts PCPARTPICKER says they are compatible:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz
GPU: MSI GeForce® GTX 1650 AERO ITX 4G OC
MB: MSI B450M PRO-M2
HDD: Toshiba 1TB P300 3.5"
RAM: Geil CL17 Bulk 4GB 2400MHz DDR4 (i will get 2 of theese so i can have 8gb ram in dual channel)
PSU: 450W Gembird Black Box Power
CASE: ATX Micro Case Deepcool Wave V2

Please Please Please dont recomend any improvments because the parts that are better and cheaper are not avalible in my country and amazon doesnt ship to my country so if u recomend a better gpu or cpu i will ignore them

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Only 'improvement' I would make would be to find an actual memory kit 2x4GB rather than single sticks. Ryzen also appreciates fast memory, so 2666Mhz or 3000Mhz (2933Mhz) would be worth it for a little more CPU performance.

Not sure I've ever heard of that PSU brand. Had to go all the way to the manual to get the outputs. It would be reasonable to call that a 300W power supply not 450W like they claim. Modern computers run almost exclusively on 12V and the output they rate it for is 320W and they give the peak output as 348W. Those are a little close together for my comfort.

http://gembird.com/Repository/9784/CCC-PSU-BBP-450_manual---3c6edd48-22f1-4356-908a-772bbc64bb1f.pdf

I wouldn't trust my investment in hardware with that power supply. So if you can seek out something a little less sketchy that would be nice.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Only 'improvement' I would make would be to find an actual memory kit 2x4GB rather than single sticks. Ryzen also appreciates fast memory, so 2666Mhz or 3000Mhz (2933Mhz) would be worth it for a little more CPU performance.

Not sure I've ever heard of that PSU brand. Had to go all the way to the manual to get the outputs. It would be reasonable to call that a 300W power supply not 450W like they claim. Modern computers run almost exclusively on 12V and the output they rate it for is 320W and they give the peak output as 348W. Those are a little close together for my comfort.

http://gembird.com/Repository/9784/CCC-PSU-BBP-450_manual---3c6edd48-22f1-4356-908a-772bbc64bb1f.pdf

I wouldn't trust my investment in hardware with that power supply. So if you can seek out something a little less sketchy that would be nice.

Nope they Gembrid is not sketchy i have a gembird psu 500w in my current pc and its working fine 10years

ABOUT THE MEMORY SPEED
I know that ryzen appreciates fast memory but it is not avalible in this pc shop and the other shops are not good
i would've liked to get a 2x4GB 3000MHz kit but its not avalible even if it is i dont have the money to

And i am just asking is the build compatible/will it work if it doesnt what do i have to change

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, different models can have completely different internal designs. Particularly after ten years, so that isn't saying a whole lot. I have some old Thermaltake power supplies from 8-9 years ago, and while they are still functional and work well, any of their current models wouldn't be top picks today.

This 450W model has a 550W version, but not a 500W version from what I can see.

Based on their own numbers they are being somewhat misleading about the true output. What you've put together doesn't draw 300W so it will probably be fine, but I wouldn't use it.

I can research further, but if you are confident it will be okay, then go for it.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Well, different models can have completely different internal designs. Particularly after ten years, so that isn't saying a whole lot. I have some old Thermaltake power supplies from 8-9 years ago, and while they are still functional and work well, any of their current models wouldn't be top picks today.

This 450W model has a 550W version, but not a 500W version from what I can see.

Based on their own numbers they are being somewhat misleading about the true output. What you've put together doesn't draw 300W so it will probably be fine, but I wouldn't use it.

I can research further, but if you are confident it will be okay, then go for it.

Ok i will be confident thanks alot man
btw i found a hyperx 2666mhz 4gb ddr4 stick i am gonna get 2 of thoose will it be compatible with the mobo?

Gembird psus are absolute trash. It's one of those brands that re badges cheap chinese products as their own, just look at the sales description: black powder coating and fen speed control are considered features. Furthermore, there's no efficiency rating or any form of reviews about them.

Putting that time bomb into your pc is a risk you're willingly taking.
Don't tell us we didn't warn you when that thing blows up.