Sep 7, 2019
Hey, I've been looking to make a new build since my old one isn't capable of running newer games on anything but the lowest of low settings and I'm in need of some advice.

I've looked up decent parts with a reasonable price and I'm quite sure I've found good enough solutions on everything but the GPU.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yYY2FG
This is the build I'm currently thinking of going for (if I get the GPU, saw it being sold online for 350€ which is oddly cheap, still trying to get info from the guy selling it.)

Question is would that GPU even be compatible with the motherboard/fit in the case? Also if you have any alternative GPU's to recommend would be grateful. The RTX 2070 Super has similar performance, but it seems to have much higher price wherever i look atm

Solution
IMHO, I'd personally go for an X570 chipset if going with a 3600x, if you're going to be overclocking. Regardless, the build looks fine but the case could be smaller since your board is an matx board, buying an matx case would be better.

Lutfij

Titan
IMHO, I'd personally go for an X570 chipset if going with a 3600x, if you're going to be overclocking. Regardless, the build looks fine but the case could be smaller since your board is an matx board, buying an matx case would be better.

Solution
You will need to upgrade your motherboard to at least the MSI B450-A PRO so that you have the BIOS flash button. The current selection requires an older CPU to update the BIOS to the most current to support Ryzen 3000 series.

In terms of price/performance the 5700XT is about 5% slower than the 2070 Super but about 20% cheaper.

Sep 7, 2019
You will need to upgrade your motherboard to at least the MSI B450-A PRO so that you have the BIOS flash button. The current selection requires an older CPU to update the BIOS to the most current to support Ryzen 3000 series.

In terms of price/performance the 5700XT is about 5% slower than the 2070 Super but about 20% cheaper.
The BIOS shouldn't be an issue since I'd be buying the CPU and the motherboard as a bundle that comes with the BIOS updated.