[SOLVED] New build completely freezes on bootup

Sep 14, 2019
Computer freezes completely on boot

Hello everyone!

I just bought built a brand new PC and i put it all together last night, everything looks good. I started it and i checked the temperatures and it all looks good!

I proceed to boot with my Windows 10 USB stick, here’s where i ran into my first problem... when i booted with the USB drive it went into the Windows installation and started installing just like it should but after a while i noticed it just froze and i could not do anything, not even the power button worked so i had to shut it down by switching the power off.

This continued to happen multiple times until i somehow (Don’t ask me how) found out a way to keep it from freezing by constantly moving my mouse around during the whole installation..?

When this was Done it restarted and i took the USB out, let it boot up on my m.2 SSD drive where i just installed the Windows. It started loading with some white dots forming a circle and then froze the same way as on the installation..?

I started troubleshooting, took out the GPU and tried again. Same issue..

Tried taking out one of the RAMs, same issue..

Then i decided to try to flash my BIOS, downloaded the latest version and entered the m-flash and it found my USB but when i open the map for the bios i just downloaded it does not show up?

Decided to download the second latest version of BIOS but same issue..

Guys i’m completely lost.. i’m not a tech Guy i only know basics.. please help me!

Kind regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2019
Sorry, I forgot to tell you what Components i use!

Processor: Intel Core i7 9700k
RAM: HyperX predator DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon S-1151
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC
Powersupply: Corsair HX750 750W PSU
Computer case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-OMEGA TG RBG Tower
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB SSD (NVMe 1.3)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5’’ HDD

The setup you have is great. Just in case and I know you probably have done this but have you connected the CPU power cable to the top right of the motherboard?

I would start again by clearing the CMOS and then going into the bios and setting it to 'Load optimized defaults'. As to the USB drive you are using, put it into a USB 2.0 port as sometimes you can have some issues. Make sure only your NVMe drive is installed and do not install the HD until after Windows has installed. I also went through a period where Windows was taking a long time to install but eventually it got there.

Reactions: Scumcz
Sep 14, 2019
The setup you have is great. Just in case and I know you probably have done this but have you connected the CPU power cable to the top right of the motherboard?

I would start again by clearing the CMOS and then going into the bios and setting it to 'Load optimized defaults'. As to the USB drive you are using, put it into a USB 2.0 port as sometimes you can have some issues. Make sure only your NVMe drive is installed and do not install the HD until after Windows has installed. I also went through a period where Windows was taking a long time to install but eventually it got there.

Thank you for the tips, I Will try it as soon as i get home again!

I have the CPU power cable connected to the top left. Should it be top right?

I use an NZXT Kraken (Don’t remember which model)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2019
Now that u mention it, the backplate was a little Loose i suppose? But the cooler is mounted and is sturdy when i tap/shake it gently on the sides, only the backplate that’s a little loose

Do you think that could be causing it?