Raffelz

Reputable
Nov 6, 2020
Hey!

Hoping someone can help, I built my Nephew his first PC this Thursday. On Friday he got home from School and played Fort nite for around 6 hours with no problems whatsoever. However, on Saturday after around 3/4 hours of playing Fort nite, the PC just shut off and did not restart. It also wouldn't restart if you pushed the power button, it took 30 minutes of waiting before the power button booted the PC.

At first, I thought the CPU was overheating, so I ran Cinebench and it ran the entire multicore test, at full load with no problems, the CPU hit 71 degrees at the highest. I also then ran a stress test on the GPU through AMD Adreline software and the same again didn't even get close to 70 degrees. So it ran both stress tests completely fine, I then got him to jump into Fort nite and it worked again for around 15 minutes, during that time the temps were also completely normal, CPU averaging around 40 degrees and GPU at 50 degrees.

I have made sure all the drivers are up to date as well as the chipset and BIOS. I have built my own PC and upgraded it multiple times, however, I am running out of ideas as to what this might be and as to why the PC keeps shutting off under gaming load.

CPU: Ryzen 5600
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18
SSD/HDD: Crucial P3 500GB M.2 PCIe Gen3 NVMe Internal SSD
GPU: Radeon RX 6650 XT MECH 2X 8G OC
PSU: CORSAIR RM650 Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold 650W ATX Power Supply

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Raffelz

Reputable
Nov 6, 2020
What BIOS version are you on for your nephew's motherboard? Which drive are the games installed on? You merely have one SSD on the build? Does the issue happen in other titles apart from Fort nite?
BIOS Version: 7C56v1H

Games are installed on the SSD. Yes, it was a bit of a budget build so currently only has 500gb, but can/will upgrade in the future. Yes, it also crashed when he was playing Roblox, which isn’t very demanding.