New build Components check

dmgibb

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Hi all, I'm about to order the below to build my first mid range gaming pc. I want to make sure there's no compatibility and performance issues before I go ahead. I want to run BF4, CSGO, COD and others as well as day to day.

Intel Core i5 4670K
MSI Z97M-G43 Motherboard
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Kingston HyperX Beast KHX16C9T3K2/8X (2x4GB) DDR3
Corsair CX-600 V3 Power Supply
Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
CoolerMaster K380 Case with Window
CoolerMaster 120mm Silent Red LED Fan
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM
ASUS DRW-24D3ST 24x DVD Writer
Already have all accessories
Quoted approx $1300 in Australia

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Cheers

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'd rather have an atx motherboard in a case with window,one that would at least a bit better for overclocking,
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97pro4
i assume that overclocking is your aim (?).

I also would pick w8.1 over 7 by now.

Can't find that psu in the partpicker so it's hard to recommend something different for about the same price.The partpicker starts at U.S at default,this can be changed at the right top side.
The corsair should be fine,but there are better units for sale.

dmgibb

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Thanks for the comments guys. There not on partpicker as this is straight off pccasegear in AUST

1. Ok changed to the CX600M

2. MSI Z97M-G43 Motherboard - $129 (coming out this month)
vs
ASRock Z97 Pro4 Motherboard - $159

I was told to go with a micro atx for mid tower as it may be a tight fit. Yes I want to over-clock eventually Thoughts on these 2?

3. I tried 8 and hated it and I've never used 8.1. I was going to use 7 until a more pc version was out

Aspire77360

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I prefer MSI over ASRock, and it is cheaper, so your choice. MicroATX isn't needed unless you have a case that is a small ATX case or one with bad cable management, so you can still get a ATX mobo. Windows 7 is fine, so pick what you prefer

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If the psu comes from pccasegear as well get the next one for about the same price,
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_226&products_id=19763
The 520watt should already be good enough with the gtx 760/i5.
This one should imo also do better,
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_995&products_id=23149

Windowes 8(.1) takes some time to get used to,but imo is it the better one,but that's up to you.I've read that some games actually perform better with w8 (not sure->google that).

The motherboard is up to you,i would prefer something (imo) better.Putting an m-atx motherboard in an atx case with a window looks not as i would like to see it,but it's up to you.I also don't know how it wil perform with overclocking,it's to soon for reviews.You'll just have to find out.

dmgibb

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Ok thanks guys. I've made the adjustments you've both suggested. I'll give 8.1 a go, get the regular ATX mobo and the better psu. Now for the quote war to begin :)