[SOLVED] New build constantly BSODing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Hello.

I would like to ask a questions, what could be causing this. Just yeasterday i have build a new pc and event when while i was installing windows i had a BSOD System.Thread.Exception.not.Handeled

On the second try i managed to install windows normally. And then just random BSOD started while pc would runnfor a few minutes and crash. Got these BSOD messages while doing simple task like going to web browser or trying install windows updates.

SYSTEM.SERVICE.EXCEPTION
KMODE.EXEPTION.NOT.HANDELED
PAGE.FAULT.IN.NON.PAGED.AREA
IRQL.NOT.LESS.OR.EQUAL

im completelly at los here getting bombarded with BSOD randomly.

Specs:

Mobo: B450m Pro4 (new)
Cpu: Amd ryzen 3 3200G (new)
Ram: G.skill ddr4 2400Mhz CL17 2x8GB (using slots A2 and B2) (new)
Gpu: Amd asus strix rx570 4GB (worked fine on last system)
PSu: Ewent EW3907 500W (new)
Ssd: Generic SSD from my last system which worked with no problems at all.
Case: Antec nx210
Win 10 x64

Solution
PSUs are rarely the culprit here, but I'm not even comfortable with diagnosing the PC until you address the horror you're using to power this rig. This dodgy off-brand "500W" PSU only has 22A of +12V rail which means you have a 264W PSU (and not a good one). Colif's advice is good, but I'd be uneasy even turning this PC on in its current state. At the very least, remove the GPU and run off the integrated until this is fixed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

DSzymborski

Titan
PSUs are rarely the culprit here, but I'm not even comfortable with diagnosing the PC until you address the horror you're using to power this rig. This dodgy off-brand "500W" PSU only has 22A of +12V rail which means you have a 264W PSU (and not a good one). Colif's advice is good, but I'd be uneasy even turning this PC on in its current state. At the very least, remove the GPU and run off the integrated until this is fixed.

Solution

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
I copied dump files to txt. Hope this helps https://gofile.io/d/kAUHM7

I also removed the GPU for now, as suggested by DSzymborski.

Also i ran now only 1 ram stick for about 3 hours and no erros occured no BSOD no crashes or anything. But as soon as i install the 2nd stick, and boot the system, it BSODs on boot, or a minute after windows has booted.

Both Ram stick work smooth when only 1 is installed. My bios is already at latest version. Its strange that it BSODs only when 2 sticks are isntalled.

Last edited:

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
I think i just found the problem, and its a stupid one... My ram it seems to only support single channel connection, so thats why its chrashing on dual channel.
Its G.Skill F4-2400c17S-8GNT

How stupid of me not to notice that before buying...

Reactions: chemistu

chemistu

Honorable
May 4, 2017
dump shows a problem with the graphics driver.

Update or remove / reinstall graphics drivers and see what happens.

if this makes no difference remove the GPU and use the onboard graphics, see what happens

if this makes no difference disable the onboard graphics and use the GPU only, see what happens

Sounds like it could be a memory problem too, run MEMTEST64 for as long as you can, if the PC bluescreens try pulling alternate RAM sticks, if you remove a RAM module and your PC starts behaving there is a good chance of a fault with the 8GB stick you just removed

Colif

Win 11 Master
Having 2 single sticks only makes it more likely it can be ram to blame. It doesn't mean it is, only difference between dual and single is the number of sticks in the container... and maybe how well they will work together

Is that ram on the motherboard compatibility list? That is maybe more a question.

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Did the DDu uninstall, and ejected GPU from my motherboard, running on VGA now and did memtest with 2 dimms and this is the message i get

0.000: Detecting usable memory (14264 MB theoretical max)...
20.828: 13632 MB Test starting on 4 CPUs...
20.922: Allocating memory...
27.891: Memory locking failed (might be reserved by other apps/kernel)
31.844: Test finished with no errors detected

while testing 1 dim at the time test were succesfull with no errors

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Did the DDu uninstall, and ejected GPU from my motherboard, running on VGA now and did memtest with 2 dimms and this is the message i get

0.000: Detecting usable memory (14264 MB theoretical max)...
20.828: 13632 MB Test starting on 4 CPUs...
20.922: Allocating memory...
27.891: Memory locking failed (might be reserved by other apps/kernel)
31.844: Test finished with no errors detected

while testing 1 dim at the time test were succesfull with no errors

EDIT: now while my pc still hasnt BSOD my google chrome keeps constantly crashing while trying to write this

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
realtek audio drivers caused that one

according to here, you get them from windows update - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Download
i just installed them today, but now unninstalled, see how it goes without them.

Anyways, this BSOD problem was occuring even when i tried installing windows on a clean SSD for the first time. So no drivers no windows were available to cause the problems.

And every time it crashed its another reason every time.

Even when writing this, my google chrome keeps spazzing out, teeling me no coonection, or error occured, just flickering about.

But nothing like that with only 1 Dim

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
I can't read the dumps myself, I have sent them to a friend to convert, he will post later so maybe it will reveal more.
I jsut remembered i had some spare rams from my last rig. 2x4gb 2400 hz ballistics ant they are running jsut fine in dual channel on this system. im gonna go now ant test those g.skill rams on other board and come back with some answers

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Im running now those 2 G.skills rams on another pc and they work just fine, and those other 2 ballistic rams are working jsut fine on the problematic build in dual channel. So what the actuall f.. is going on with the pc that it wont accept 2x8 cards from g.skill but from ballistic 2x4 just fine

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Came back home, memtest was still running no crashes. The Psu fixed it. What a simple fix, should have tried it in the first place before wasting everyones time :rolleyes: . No more buying off brand parts, cheap prices are tempting but all you get is a headache. Thank you all for the help, really appreciate the fast responses and you trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.