[SOLVED] New build constantly has fps crashes

alexander.teleki

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Hey all,

I recently completed a new system upgrade from a 8700K to a 5900X. With it I also upgrades the m.2 drives, PSU, case and also a 3080Ti.
However, I'm running into an issue which I can't figure out where regularly during gameplay (most noticeably with COD MW), it'll crash to like 1 or 2 FPS, and take maybe 5 to 10 seconds to recover, unless I alt + tab to desktop and then back into the game. MW is installed on my Aorus Gen4 m.2.
I did some logging but I'm not an expert and can't understand where the issue might be, so would appreciate any assistance.

I did note that there seems to be a power drop, I'm using 3x 8 pin to the GPU with ARGB PSU extension cables from XPG ADATA.
All drivers are the latest, and W10 was freshly installed with all other software and utilities.

MSI Afterburner Logging

Thanks in advance!

On a side note, if anyone has the X570 Aorus Xtreme and has the Fan Commander acting up and not being picked up by Smart Fan, please let me know how you solved it. Cause it's often not being detected and my fans run pretty loud....

Solution
The easiest fix is to close all open programs before gaming.
With 44gig committed you must have almost all programs on your computer open and running.
Once you run out of physical memory windows will use your hard drive or SSD as RAM or Virtual memory.
The easiest fix is to close all open programs before gaming.
With 44gig committed you must have almost all programs on your computer open and running.
Once you run out of physical memory windows will use your hard drive or SSD as RAM or Virtual memory.

Solution

alexander.teleki

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
But I just have a few background apps like Hue Sync, and some other launchers - I’ll dig in a bit deeper to see what’s sucking up all the ram.
I've just adjusted the max page file to 32gb as suggested by an article here.
Open to any other suggestions :)

currently benchmarking with time spy to see if the issue reoccurs.

Do "CTRL-ALT-DELETE".
Task manager.
Start up tab.
Here you will find everything running at start up Except viruses.
Many game launchers will put themselves there. Which claims memory that can not be used by other programs.
All you really need here is mouse/keyboard/sound and security software.
Most other stuff just takes up memory and CPU cycles.