Question New build, Corsair water cooling pump not cooling cpu

Mar 25, 2020
Hello. I am building a new PC and am running into a couple of roadblocks. First, my corsair icue h100i rgb pro xt. When I boot up and enter bios, I notice that my cpu is heating up to 90 c when idling. Yesterday , I figured it was a faulty pump and exchanged the h100i and then replaced but I am still getting the same issue. I installed iCue and the pump is not showing up in the program. I have the micro usb plugged into a usb header, the pump plugged into cpu fan, the sata connected to the PSU and the two radiator fans plugged into the leads coming from the pump.

The second issue I am having goes along with storage. Yesterday, I noticed that when my second hard drive, (2 TB HDD) is plugged in to the sata power from my psu, the computer wouldnt turn on at all. When I unplugged the hard drive, everything worked fine. So, when I was exchanging the corsair h100i, I also exchanged my HDD for a 500gb SSD. But, when I plug in the sata power for this SSD, I am seeing the same problem, the computer wont turn on.

Build Components:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro MB, Intel i7 9700k cpu, EVGA RTX 2070 super gpu, m.2 500 gb hard drive, seasonic 650 watt gold psu, "g skill" 16 gb ram sticks

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Sorry for hitting the Like it was by accident.

If your psu has more then 1 sata power cable , Try the other cable.

Do the cooler fans have power?
Do you have any rgb?
The wire coming from the pump that hooks to the cpu fan header does not control anything it is nothing more then a sense / or tach wire to report pump rpm.

Mar 25, 2020
Sorry for hitting the Like it was by accident.

If your psu has more then 1 sata power cable , Try the other cable.

Do the cooler fans have power?
Do you have any rgb?
The wire coming from the pump that hooks to the cpu fan header does not control anything it is nothing more then a sense / or tach wire to report pump rpm.

So, I tried out a new sata cable and now the ssd and the water pump appear to be operating. But now, there are no leds appearing on the pump. Before this fix, there were leds, they started green and turned red. Now that the pump is turning, the water cooler appears in icue but when i change the led colors in icue nothing happens and im still getting no leds