[SOLVED] New build cpu crashes and GPU crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2020
I have a new msi x570 gaming plus motherboard with a new ryzen 5 3600 cpu and an xfx radeon rx 5500 xt video card. First thing is my processor keeps crashing. It says clock_watchdog_timeout or something like that. It crashes anytime I try and install any drivers. Some times it just freezes and doesn't show me the error. I did finally get it to install my chipset driver but still crashes. I then tried my video card driver and it crashes too. The video card crashed with my old system as well. The video card I bought it first hoping to use it on my old system but none of the drivers would work and it kept crashing and so i thought it could be the pcie2 on the board not working with the pcie4 card so i bought a pcie4 motherboard. I am also using 32gb of corsair vengeance ram. 2x16gb. So any help with these two problems would be great

Solution
Did you do a fresh install of Windows 10 when you upgraded your system? If you're running on your old OS install that's the issue.
"The video card crashed with my old system as well "

I would say you need to resolve this issue before trying to build a new system around a suspect part. If you have a spare GPU or can borrow one use it to install your OS on the new build.

May 19, 2020
The gpu only crashed after I installed the drivers. But the cpu keeps crashing. I will try and download a fresh copy of windows 10 pro from microsoft and install it and I will try the gpu out and use onboard video to see if the cpu crashes. People have had an issue with older versions of windows 10 not working with gen 3 ryzen processors. I am keeping my fingers crossed. With the video card I guess amd has had a driver issue with their 5000 series video cards as well

May 19, 2020
Ryzen 5 3600.... I just did a new install of win 10 pro the latest build from microsoft and so far no issues yet. I also downloaded one of my fps games and no gpu crash 300fps is nice. I figured it was the win 10 build that didnt support my processor and gpu. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.