[SOLVED] New Build- CPU running warm - i7 12700k, Phanteks Glacier One 360 MPH AIO in Be Quiet 500DX

Mar 14, 2022
Hi, I have just finished a build with an i7 12700k processor, Asus z690 motherboard, gigabyte 3080 12gb gpu, and phanteks glacier one 360mph cooler in a be quiet 500dx case. I am fairly inexperienced with PC builds and I've never run into a cooling issue, so I definitely appreciate any help.

I am testing it with Elden Ring on max settings.

With the glass side panel on, CPU temp got to 76C within 20 min. If I run the Elden Rings on max settings without glass side panel on, the CPU stays at around 50. The GPU runs warm, but stays within 50-60C during this time, and when I hover my hand above the GPU, I can feel all of the hot air being blown up toward the CPU. So, in my limited knowledge of building 2 PCs, I'd say this is a big reason why the CPU gets so warm. But what do I need to do to resolve this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19fiITSJpgWuBAbFRLtqXKvVBhD_RFxZg/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yaCOwiu50EHlrLYEwKkai9oHrBJ3FfvX/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Isn't that a case with noise insulation? Those often have terrible airflow... that hot air goes up is just normal physics, btw, since hot air is lighter than cool air and thus moves up. You will have that with literally every axial GPU cooler, and to my knowledge, that's pretry mixh all you get on newer cards. On the plus side, they tend to be more effective. But yeah, flipping the AIO fans so they blow in the other direction should help alot.

KyaraM

Admirable
Isn't that a case with noise insulation? Those often have terrible airflow... that hot air goes up is just normal physics, btw, since hot air is lighter than cool air and thus moves up. You will have that with literally every axial GPU cooler, and to my knowledge, that's pretry mixh all you get on newer cards. On the plus side, they tend to be more effective. But yeah, flipping the AIO fans so they blow in the other direction should help alot.

Solution