Question New Build - Crashes at Windows installation boot logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2019
Scratching my head and need some help, hoping someone's dealt with this before.

New build:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
GFX: Gigabyte 1050 TI 4GB OC
PSU: Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB/550W
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO Pro or Crucial m.2 MX500

Machine posts fine, showing everything as expected. When trying to boot from USB to install Windows 10, the windows logo comes on without the loading circle animation. It does that for a minute or two and then the machine resets and display comes on as "No Signal". The same happens when try to boot from install dvd for Windows 10.

Has anyone run into this?

• I've tried substituting the GFX card and memory, but the issue persists. CPU does not have integrated graphics so can't try through onboard graphics, but since screen comes on fine during POST and in UEFI)
  • I've tried updating BIOS to 4602 (2019-03-25)
  • Tried creating bootable USB
  • All power cables attached as expected
  • Tried disabling Secure Boot, Fast Boot

EDIT: After struggling with this for a week, I took the build back to the shop for a diagnostic. The Ryzen 1800x CPU was faulty, and once replaced everything worked as expected.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019
Sooner seems like a storage or OS issue. Can you get into Safe Mode?
Have you tried reinstalling the OS?
That’s what I thought originally too, then I tried with another drive and with another bootable version. My problem is that I can’t get into the install sequence, it just stalls on me when the initial windows logo comes up.

Since I can’t actually install an OS at this point, safe mode isn’t a possibility.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mar 31, 2019
Weird, I made an account to make a post similar to this. I built a new computer and when I try to install W10 from a USB drive it loads up the Windows logo for about a millisecond and then reboots over and over. I hooked up a W7 SSD that was working on another build and it loads up Windows for about a millisecond and then reboots there as well. Completely baffled.

what tool was used to make the Win10 install media? (Use the creation tool MS provides, vice trying to use Rufus, or YUMI, etc...)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Connect flash drive to a native USB 2.0 port, vice hoping the flash drive you are using is 'up to snuff' at 3.0 speeds...no reason to 'push the envelope' when already having stabiltiy/blue screen issues)

Mar 31, 2019
Drop to one stick of RAM in recommended slot, so you can adopt a conservative RAM profile in the BIOS (auto, or XMP 2133, as certainly not every B350 is going to be successful at 3200 MHz RAM speeds, try 2133 MHz to start, then 2666, then 2933....

Thanks for your help.

Tried 2133, 2400, 2666, 2733, 2800, 2933, and auto with a single stick in DIMM_A2 configuration (per manual). Still can’t get past the windows logo, dots not loading and PC restarts without screen (no signal) after ~40 seconds. I can get into UEFI BIOS upon restart.

Mar 31, 2019
Windows 7 installer is certainly not going to easily recognize the newer Ryzen chipsets/CPUs easily (there are a few OS hacks/patches out there that have made it work, I've read), USB functionality for them, etc., ...

I’m trying with W10 and W8.1, neither DVD or bootable USB get me past the windows logo.

Mar 31, 2019
what tool was used to make the Win10 install media? (Use the creation tool MS provides, vice trying to use Rufus, or YUMI, etc...)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Connect flash drive to a native USB 2.0 port, vice hoping the flash drive you are using is 'up to snuff' at 3.0 speeds...no reason to 'push the envelope' when already having stabiltiy/blue screen issues)

Good idea with the USB 2.0 port, but the board only comes with 3.0. There are on-board connections for USB 2.0 connection, but I don’t have a module with 2.0 ports.

The bootable was created using the Microsoft tool, but I don’t think that’s the issue because a bootable DVD fails to boot in the same exact way.

Mar 31, 2019
Weird, I made an account to make a post similar to this. I built a new computer and when I try to install W10 from a USB drive it loads up the Windows logo for about a millisecond and then reboots over and over. I hooked up a W7 SSD that was working on another build and it loads up Windows for about a millisecond and then reboots there as well. Completely baffled.

It is frustrating, and I haven’t found much that would get me even a step further. From various articles I’ve tried a whole bunch of these, maybe one can help you:

I’ve tried resetting CMOS
I’ve tried setting Ai Tweaker > Ai Overclock Tuner to D.O.C.P so it can maybe deal with my DDR-4 3200 memory.
I’ve tried enabling SVM under Advanced > CPU Configuration
I’ve tried disabling fast boot
I’ve tried disabling CSM

Status
Not open for further replies.