Question New build crashing. Need assistance.

Dec 4, 2019
Posted in wrong section before...

Ryzen 3900x Build Crashing when installing some programs and drivers. Works great other than that.

Overall, my system is working great, it runs games very well but my buddy and I are having the same problem:

When installing SPECIFIC programs or performing certain actions windows will start to lag with the mouse stuttering as the system gradually comes to a halt and restarts.
Because we're both having the same issue with the same programs and installs this leads me to believe it's a hardware problem?
Sometimes there is a BSOD for a split second.

For example, opening Device Manager then pressing the "Scan for hardware changes" button in the toolbar will cause the PC to lag/mousestutter then crash. However installing steam and running games will NOT crash the PC.

Other things that crash the PC include installing Logitech Gaming Software, and some of the motherboards drivers.
I've already fresh installed windows multiple times and the problem persists.

I'm going to fresh install windows onto an SSD instead of the NVMe M.2 and see if that helps.

I'm also concerned that if I ignore this, there will be more problems in the future.

Thanks for any help.

PC SPECS:
Ryzen 9 3900x
GTX 1070
x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
970 EVO NVMe M.2
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb
EVGA Super NOVA 750w
Corsair Hydro H100i
Graphics Driver Version: 441.41
Windows 10
AMD Chipset Drivers from AMD website

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2019
By fresh install for Windows 10, did you recreate the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Might want to check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.
Yes, I recreated the the windows installation media on the usb drive each time. I've also tried the oldest bios, newest, and one around the middle ABBA. All downloaded from MSI Motherboard Support here.

Trying to install the chipset drivers provided by MSI causes the pc to stutter then crash. While the chipset drivers from AMD here do not.

Thank you.