New build, DDR4 advice

Tsawind

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
I ordered new parts for my computer build, it will be upgraded more until maximized over the next year or 2, then I will build a new gaming system for myself.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n4ndfH

This is pretty much what it looks like at the moment ^ waiting on the cpu/mobo/ram to come in the mail. I believe I bought some of the highest end parts/performance available, with components I originally had.

I am just wanting to know how to go through the steps to get my overclock as fast as possible, (while being nearly 100% stable)

I am mating a 1070ti, a 2700x, and G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Timing 17-18-18-38 CAS Latency 17 Voltage 1.35V all on a:
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard

I am looking to get a single M.2 SSD, another 1070ti, then more ram, in that order, as prices drop.
I want to get the max performance out of the DDR4/GPU for now, I can take the time to do manual timings ect ect, cpu speed isnt the top priority as I will not have a high end cooling system right away.

I just dont know the steps to overclock properly without breaking something. I believe I should get my mother board speed as fast as possible and stable first, then get my RAM as fast as possible, then CPU, then GPU, then tune down the timings on the RAM till unstable and go back one or 2 tiers for stability. Am I correct in doing it this way??
I will be updating bios right away, then installing windows 7 home premium on a SATA SSD for the testing.