[SOLVED] New build displayed worked for a few minutes, then nothing

cocotheunknownmutt

Prominent
Jun 26, 2021
Hey,

First of all, let me start off by saying I did read the troubleshooting checklist. The only thing left to do is have the mobo speaker which is arriving tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone had any other advice to suggest.

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QvdNPX

My problem:

I finished my build, started the PC and I got a visual output from the HDMI output from the mobo. The i5-12600k has an iGPU so it worked. However, the keyboard wasn't connecting. So I restarted the PC and nothing was showing up anymore. I then got an old keyboard and I was able to get into the BIOS. As soon as I exited it, I got no visual output anymore.

What I tried:
  1. I followed the checklist that's stickied. So yes, I tried 1 ram stick only, made sure the 8 pin connector for CPU is well connected, etc...
  2. To make sure it wasn't the PSU, I tried another PSU that I currently have in my current PC (850W so it should do the trick). I also did the PSU test in the sticky ( however it does have 0dbm mode I believe so the fan doesn't spin unless its under heavy load? that's what I read online).
  3. There was a post similar to mine on here where the user flashed the newest BIOS so I did that and nothing showed afterwards either

At this point, I'm guessing it could be the CPU? I'm not sure how to test that. I did try to output with my GPU but that gave nothing at all

Solution
D
Just a Fyi I have had a ton of issues with that specific motherboard. Not the issue your having though.

Might be a decent idea to just remove the cpu cooler and reseat the cpu and see if that does anything.

No familiar with that specific corsair aio cpu cooler but some of the old ones could be installed wrong which put way to much pressure on the CPU, just some ideas.
D

Deleted member 362816

Just a Fyi I have had a ton of issues with that specific motherboard. Not the issue your having though.

Might be a decent idea to just remove the cpu cooler and reseat the cpu and see if that does anything.

No familiar with that specific corsair aio cpu cooler but some of the old ones could be installed wrong which put way to much pressure on the CPU, just some ideas.

Solution

cocotheunknownmutt

Prominent
Jun 26, 2021

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. I'm out of ideas anyways haha

TRENDING THREADS