[SOLVED] new build doesn't post

Jul 6, 2020
just finished a new build. When I turn on the PSU - all I get is a RGB light from the back of the motherboard. No beep, no fans and nothing from the diagnostic LEDs (Q-LED). The Power On button the case isn't lit & doesn't work when pressed. The power led on the Video works. I did exchange the motherboard, but the results were the same. I even stripped down to just the CPU and 1 Ram stick....still no beeps or LEDs.

Thank you

Case: Fractal Design Define S2
PSU: Corsair RM850X
Motherboard: Asus TUF Ggaming x570-Plus
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO
Video Card: ASUS Radeon RX550xt
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ [2x16GB)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x w/Wraith Prism cooler

Solution
I think with the motherboard change we are looking at PSU or CPU. Apologies as you probably have done this but double check all your cables especially the CPU power cables top left of motherboard, GPU and I would re-install the CPU and cooler again just in case it has not seated properly and this also gives you are chance to check the CPU pins as well to make sure nothing is bent and nothing has gotten into there like TIM...

lukasus201010

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
Could be anything really, have you tried different CPU? maybe it's faulty PSU, do you have diagnostic tools like multimeter? You can measure PSU voltage output. Have you tried CMOS reset?

Reactions: dece
I think with the motherboard change we are looking at PSU or CPU. Apologies as you probably have done this but double check all your cables especially the CPU power cables top left of motherboard, GPU and I would re-install the CPU and cooler again just in case it has not seated properly and this also gives you are chance to check the CPU pins as well to make sure nothing is bent and nothing has gotten into there like TIM...

Reactions: dece
Solution
Jul 6, 2020
Good Point, I'll have to purchase a Multi-meter.
Could be anything really, have you tried different CPU? maybe it's faulty PSU, do you have diagnostic tools like multimeter? You can measure PSU voltage output. Have you tried CMOS reset?

Latest posts