[SOLVED] New Build, DRAM yellow QLED Help

Nov 14, 2020
Hey, thanks in advance for the help and suggestions..

I've recently tried to build a new setup, but have run into an issue. I assembled everything and when I power it on, everything lights up. However, the yellow DRAM Q-LED comes up and stays on. I also installed a 2 pin speaker, but no sounds come out. Bios doesn't post and nothing shows up on the display. I've taken everything apart twice now to make sure everything is plugged in fully.

I think that its an issue with the New Ryzen 5600x and an older Asus Strix B550-I? I've tried resetting the CMOS but nothing. I would update the bios, but the ASUS website is down currently, so I'm hoping its something else?

Here's my hardware specs:

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I
AMD RYZEN 5600x
EVGA NVIDIA 3070
THERMALTAKE TOUGHRAM 3600C18B
SAMSUNG EVO980 512 GB
FRACTAL 650 SFX powersupply
FRACTAL ERA Case

Thanks!

Solution
If the yellow DRAM LED stays on then post will not continue it's cycle till the problem is fixed.

As your RAM are OC and beyond the official CPU frequency of 3200MHz you will have to manually enter SPD values in Bios.
Try just one module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test (if your unable to access Bios).
It is also recommended you update both chipset and Bios.
If still no go then try a kit of RAM at a lower frequency that are listed on the MB QVL and known to work.
If the yellow DRAM LED stays on then post will not continue it's cycle till the problem is fixed.

As your RAM are OC and beyond the official CPU frequency of 3200MHz you will have to manually enter SPD values in Bios.
Try just one module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test (if your unable to access Bios).
It is also recommended you update both chipset and Bios.
If still no go then try a kit of RAM at a lower frequency that are listed on the MB QVL and known to work.

Solution