New build encounters permanent black screen issue

Jul 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a strange and frustrating issue with my newly built system. The computer will fully boot and post as it should, and will even allow for a full install of windows under the correct circumstances, but keeps encountering an issue where the GPU seems to disable itself and causes the display to show nothing but black whenever I try to load into Windows. Once this issue starts, it won't stop until I completely reinstall Windows from scratch. This seems to occur whenever I install any kind of display driver onto my system, as I had the PC running fine for a while until I decided to try and manually install AMD drivers. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

My build is as follows:
-Ryzen 2600x
-Be quiet Pure rock CPU cooler
-Asrock X470 master sli/ac
-Sapphire R9 390 (Worth noting that this card was used for around 2 years in my old machine, but it was working perfectly fine before it was removed today and seems to function as it should until any type of display drivers are used)
-Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3000 Mhz (Currently running at lower mobo default speeds until I can get this issue sorted)
-Adata xpg sx6000 128gb NVME SSD
-Seagate 2TB HDD
-EVGA Supernova G2 650w PSU
-Phanteks P400s
-1 60hz 24" monitor, 1 75hz 24" monitor

So far I have tried:
1. Reseating GPU and RAM
2. Running RAM sticks individually
3. Checking all power connections
4. Multiple reinstallations of windows on both drives
5. Updating BIOS
6. Disabling internet during and after installation
7. Disabling HDD (Noticed Windows install was sometimes installing drivers to HDD while the OS was booting off the SSD)
8. Using both monitors (HDMI and DP)

Jul 25, 2018

I tried all this but nothing working, seeing as I couldn't even boot into Windows once I had encountered the black screen. However, I tried switching GPU's with a friend's build. My system worked fine with his card, whereas my card wouldn't even output signal in his computer. I went by microcenter today and picked up a new 580 and it's working great now. Thanks for your suggestions!