6thwow

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
My build:
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
i7-6700k Skylake
(2) EVGA GTX 760 FTW
(2) Corsair Vengeance 4gb 2400Ghz

I am also running a 1tb hard drive and a ~500gb Trion SSD.

When I put these new parts in the rig it was running Windows 7 Home, so many bsod problems were encountered only when gaming and intensive use the majority of errors that I found and attempted to fix were driver related, others I couldn't diagnose down to a specific problem. I decided that things would fix themselves if I upgraded to Win10 due to a fresh slate (I formatted both drives) and fresh drivers. Of course, I was wrong and was introduced with a BSOD when running Arma 3 about 5-10min in, error being: KMODE_SERVICE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. So I'm banking on a hardware fault, although I'd like to know how I would dim the problem down to what exactly is faulty.

6thwow

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

It's an Antec 900W so it should be pretty reliable in the fact that it has enough power, not sure about brand consistency.

The problem for me and trying to update the BIOS would be that it's stuck in a boot loop. I downloaded Evga's Precision XOC in order to throw my cards into K-Boost.For some odd reason I thought that would fix the recently sought bsod with "KMODE". I hit kboost, it did its usual disconnection of video drivers or the cards where the screen goes black, although it did not come back on. Muli-colored lines came across my screen in certain areas and it froze like that. I had to reboot from there. Now all it does is it'll freeze when it boots to the windows 10 loading screen (the one with the swirly icon and windows icon) and then goes black after freezing.

I am able to access my bios and recovery and all that.