Question New Build first boot up error "New CPU Installed fTPM NV Corrupted"

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hi all, I just finished putting together a build where i have
Gigabyte MOB: B550 AORUS ELIST AX V2
CPU: AMD 5600G
RAM:32g TOTAL. 2 sticks of 16G each ....DDR4-3600
On the MOB i installed two M.2 memory slots. One with 500G and one with 1TB.

I powered on the system and it showed an error where part of the error message is

"new cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted.

Press y to reset ftpm. If you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not not without a recovery key.

press n to keep previous ftpm record. And continue system reboot. Ftpm will not enable in new cpu. You can swap back to the old cpu to B recover tpm related keys and date.

I was hoping to post a picture of the screen but i dont know how to post a picture.

Any idea on what this is? Does this mean i have a bad component or i need to update my bios? Or what? I have built 2 computers over the last 15yrs or so but i have never seen this before. This is the first computer i have built in a while so i am not up to speed on all the new stuff.......i am no expert.

Hi all, I just finished putting together a build where i have
Gigabyte MOB: B550 AORUS ELIST AX V2
CPU: AMD 5600G
RAM:32g TOTAL. 2 sticks of 16G each ....DDR4-3600
On the MOB i installed two M.2 memory slots. One with 500G and one with 1TB.

I powered on the system and it showed an error where part of the error message is

"new cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted.

Press y to reset ftpm. If you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not not without a recovery key.

press n to keep previous ftpm record. And continue system reboot. Ftpm will not enable in new cpu. You can swap back to the old cpu to B recover tpm related keys and date.

I was hoping to post a picture of the screen but i dont know how to post a picture.

Any idea on what this is? Does this mean i have a bad component or i need to update my bios? Or what? I have built 2 computers over the last 15yrs or so but i have never seen this before. This is the first computer i have built in a while so i am not up to speed on all the new stuff.......i am no expert.
Bitlocker key is held in TPM (ftpm) changing disk to another system it can't ind the key . Bitlocker should have been disabled on original configuration first.

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
i maybe have confused someone so let me explain. i am putting together a brand new pc. I bought the parts and assembled it. I have not even installed the OS yet. I powered up the system so that can get into the bios........and the error message i mentioned came up. I have NOT done anything other than assemble the parts together..........so why am i getting this error message? Am i supposed to select the "Y" option?

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
called Gigabyte today and asked them about the error.......they said to select the "Y" option. So i did........and the computer recycled and this time it came up into the BIOS. I updated the day and time in the BIOS then saved and exited and when it came back up into the BIOS the 2nd time day and time were correct........i think just selecting "Y" was the fix. Keep in mind my situation was a "brand" new build first time powering up the system.