Question New build for FL studio music production.

vinitskr

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I wish to assemble a new PC for doing part time financial accounting work to earn some extra cash, FL studio music production with some CPU intensive plugins and general purpose computing. I have storage devices and monitor of my existing PC and also brought a new case and will buy a CX 550w PSU but I'm confused regarding the main components to go Intel or AMD as follows

Core i5 9400, Gigabyte B360m motherboard, 2*8GB DDR4 RAM or
Ryzen 5 2600, Gigabyte B450m motherboard, 2*8GB DDR4 RAM.

Both the above components cost around same in my country but if I go AMD I will have to spend extra on a GPU and I currently don't need a discrete one as I'm not going to play heavy AAA games on it soon maybe in future I may but currently no.
So should I go Intel and give up the extra 6 threads AMD offers or go with AMD by spending extra on a cheap discrete GPU or should I wait for Ryzen 4000 series APUs to arrive ?
The current Ryzen APU line up maxes out at 4c/8t but I want at least a 6 core CPU so will Ryzen 4000 series APUs come with a 6 core CPU or same as 3000 series one ?

PS: Please don't recommend me i7s as they cost double the i5 9400 or r5 2600 in my country and I'm not a FANBOY of either company nor an OVERCLOCKER.