New Build for Gaming need HELP

jackontario

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hi guys my name is jack and i am building a new pc for gaming and have come up with the following . can i know if its ok.

Mobo/cpu - Asus p8h77-V -i5 3570

Ram- corsair vengeance 1600mhz 2 *4gb

Power supply - Corsair tx 650w 80+ Bronze

hard disk western digital 1tb black

video card -Gigabyte gtx 660 2gb O.C

Is this a decent build for now and future games and at acceptable frame rates for very high end games .

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Have you already bought those parts? if not,

1. That mobo is fine, but you can save some money by getting a matx board if your not planning to fill up the 4 ram slots.
2. you can save also money by getting the i5 3570. performs almost similar with 3570.
3. With the saved money from 1 and 2, you can upgrade you gpu then to 660ti. Or if your not a nvidia fan. better go 7950/7870.
4. If your planning to add an ssd in the future, you can change that hdd to a caviar blue, will save you some bucks.
5. Psu is great, you can still down it a bit to 500-600w if you want to save money.

Anyway that build is a decent build though. I just wanted to tweak it a bit for you to save some bucks to get a better gpu for a more balanced build.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Though it is highly unpredictable to get a gpu which can run future games at a acceptable fps (espicially for me, not being an astrologer :D ) but you can Go for a GTX 680 or GTX 690 to play upcoming graphics intensive games at 30+ fps in high (msaa stroked to high :sol: ) for at least the next 2 years ;) . You must understand to enjoy all new applications one must change the rig every 2 and gpu every 1 year periodically.....but cheers to people like me :) ...using i5 2500k , a Phenom 2 x4 965 BE and a Pentium 4 simultaneously :D

abbadon_34

Distinguished
It's near impossible to know what future games will require, but they make 670, 680, and 690 cards for a reason (not to mention AMD's cards). Your build sounds nice but, you video cards will be the "future proofing" when it comes to games, and no more than a year or two as above, you're already limiting yourself with a 660.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah that's true - so many people think they can "future proof" a rig when really there's no such thing. Today Intel released the Haswell CPU lineup - and we now know that there's nothing new being brought to the table in terms of clock speeds. What Haswell is doing is releasing a new manufacturing process resulting in a smaller CPU die. Does that mean higher clock speeds in the future? Possibly but not likely any time soon.