[SOLVED] New build for gaming. (Serious questions before ordering)

rihijs

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
In next week will build new gaming system! I want pc for gaming and watch some movies. Gaming at 1080p 144MHz. Setting can be mid to high. I play a lot league and all new game what come out. Want this build last me +-5 years.
Please first answer my questions then give me other suggestion!!

Build!!
Cpu
: Ryzen 3600
Mobo: gigabyte aorus x570 elite
Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB 3200MHz CL16
Gpu: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB (3 fans)
Psu: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 650W
Ssd m.2 nvm: Gigabyte Aorus RGB M.2 NVMe SSD 256GB (os and programms)
Ssd m.2: Western Digital Blue 500GB M.2 (games)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360X or Phanteks Eclipse P350X
Cpu cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim
Front case fans x2: Be Quiet! Shadow Wings 2 PWM 140mm
Rear fan x1: Be Quiet! Shadow Wings 2 PWM 120m
Monitor: AOC G2590PX 1080p 144MHz TN panel (g-sync compatible monitor list from nvidia)
Thermal paste: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut
RGB strips: Link

Questions!!

• If i use both m.2 slots and video cards will i have enough pci lines?
  • Storage question? Motherboard description imgur
    • Can i put first slot my nvme 3.0 x4? (motherboard say sata or nvme 4.0 x4/2)
    • Can i put second slot my m.2 ssd?
  • This build will lest me 3 - 4 years at medium or high settings?
  • Cant choose case, which have better airflow from this two: Phanteks Eclipse P360X or Phanteks Eclipse P350X?
  • My cooling solution will be good?
  • This Addressable WS2812b rgb led strips are safe use Link ?(They will work with my mobo i checked)
  • Overall these parts are of good quality?
  • This ram stick will work well with my system?
  • Be Quiet! Shadow Wings is good for my setup or silent wings or pure wings better?

Thanks everyone for help!!!

Solution
That looks like a nice build! No one can say for certain whether or not you'll be good for 5+ years, but it's a solid build, and should be good for some time!

You should have no issues using both an nvme and an m.2 along with the graphics card. As far as which slots to put them in, I'd put the rgb drive in the lower slot, so you can actually see it(if not covered by gpu.). Or use the top slot and just not use the thermal guard. Either way, it shouldn't matter which slots you use as looking at the board both are the same. And should not hinder drive performance at all. One thing i will say(imo) for a strictly gaming setup, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to tell the difference in speed between the nvme and standard m.2. Also as a...
That looks like a nice build! No one can say for certain whether or not you'll be good for 5+ years, but it's a solid build, and should be good for some time!

You should have no issues using both an nvme and an m.2 along with the graphics card. As far as which slots to put them in, I'd put the rgb drive in the lower slot, so you can actually see it(if not covered by gpu.). Or use the top slot and just not use the thermal guard. Either way, it shouldn't matter which slots you use as looking at the board both are the same. And should not hinder drive performance at all. One thing i will say(imo) for a strictly gaming setup, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to tell the difference in speed between the nvme and standard m.2. Also as a suggestion, get more than a 500gb, or plan on uninstalling games after completion. Alot of the newer titles are coming in at or over 100gb. Of course it's pretty simple to add more storage down the line if the need arises.

Again, can't say with any certainty it will last 5 years. But I'd be pretty confident it will. And of course as time goes on you can just lower settings to your liking.

Looks like the cases are fairly comparable to one another. Neither appear they will allow a ton of air through the front panel. You may want to see if you can find any reviews of both cases for a better comparison. Of course case choice is very subjective, so it's hard to recommend something different, as it may not be your style at all. But if you want more air I'd look at cases that have a mesh front panel vs a solid panel with the small sidevents.

Cooling solution should be more than adequate. The stock ryzen cooler is just fine and it's only a 65w cooler I believe. The cooler you chose has a rating of 180w, so you should run cooler and much quieter.

I know very little about setting up rgb, so will just pass on that question. Though I do dislike aliexpress, if only for the shipping times. I'd look for a more reliable vendor. Just my opinion.

Yes, overall you've selected some very quality parts!

It's not a single ram stick is it? You most certainly want to go with a dual channel setup. 2x8 will outperform 1x16 in almost all circumstances, and you will see significant improvements in fps with dual channel over single. But a 2x8 3200 speed kit should work very well for your system.

The bequiet! fans are all fairly similar. The shadow wings look to be the least noisy option, so if silence is a need I'd grab those. If not I'd think the pure wings will move more air, and still be fairly silent. But I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the Bequiet fans. the silent wings seem to be more pressure oriented than airflow oriented though.

Overall the only things i may change or consider recommending you to change would be the storage situation. I'd just go with at least a 1tb over the 500. And the thermal paste. If you really want thermal grizzly, get the kryonaut over the hydronaut. It's slightly better according to thermal grizzly themselves. I use it and like it a lot, pricey, but it works. With that said, I don;t think you'll really need it or see a noticeable enough difference to justify it. The paste that comes with the cooler should suffice just fine.

Solution

rihijs

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Wow thanks for answers.
  • Ye i will put rgb nvme first slot and will not use heat shield because nvme come with big heatsink
  • Cant found good case. My case bugget 70 euro max. My requirements from case are side window, good dust filter front and bottom, can mount 2x 140 mm fans front, good airflow.
  • Yes i will use 2 ram sticks . Later will add more 2 stick.
  • Storage for now will be fine. Later will add 2 tb ssd.
  • I already have Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut
And last think what u thin about 5700xt? It stable now?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS