[SOLVED] New Build for rendering

Vyoman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Hi This is my new build proposed basically for interior designing and primary rendering.

CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
Board- Asus Prime X570-P/CSM AMD AM4 ATX Board
CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black, 140mm Dual-Tower
PSU- Corsair RM850 80 Plus Gold Power Supply (CP-9020196-UK)
SSD- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280)
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
G.Card- ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 192-bit
Case- Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB MID-Tower ATX Airflow PC case
This will come under budget frame approx. 1867$. My budget bracket is up to 1870$.

Any changes you recommend would be accepted thankfully. Thanks to All.

Last edited:
Hi This is my new build proposed basically for interior designing and primary rendering.

CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
Board- Asus Prime X570-P/CSM AMD AM4 ATX Board
CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black, 140mm Dual-Tower
PSU- Corsair RM850 80 Plus Gold Power Supply (CP-9020196-UK)
SSD- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280)
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
G.Card- ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 192-bit
Case- Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB MID-Tower ATX Airflow PC case
This will come under budget frame approx. 1867$.

Any changes you recommend would be accepted thankfully. Thanks to All.

Looks like a solid build to me... depending on what design / rendering software you are using, you might want to look at more ram. I do quite a bit of rendering / animation work using V-Ray and that can often use more than 16gb for a large model. I run 32gb and that is typically enough for fairly large setups rendered at 4k.

The other thing worth thinking about is what type of rendering you are doing (and also what the design software supports in terms of hardware acceleration). Using V-Ray as an example, it is possible to render using RTX, which is fast although does have some drawbacks relating to texturing - in which case going for a higher end RTX card might be an advantage, conversely if you are primarily going to be rendering on the cpu, saving a bit of money on the graphics card and going for a higher core count cpu (e.g. 3900X) might be a better investment.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Looks like a solid build to me... depending on what design / rendering software you are using, you might want to look at more ram. I do quite a bit of rendering / animation work using V-Ray and that can often use more than 16gb for a large model. I run 32gb and that is typically enough for fairly large setups rendered at 4k.

The other thing worth thinking about is what type of rendering you are doing (and also what the design software supports in terms of hardware acceleration). Using V-Ray as an example, it is possible to render using RTX, which is fast although does have some drawbacks relating to texturing - in which case going for a higher end RTX card might be an advantage, conversely if you are primarily going to be rendering on the cpu, saving a bit of money on the graphics card and going for a higher core count cpu (e.g. 3900X) might be a better investment.

RAM, lots of RAM. For a rendering station 64GB would not be uncommon. 32GB would be solid however.

You're only CPU upgrades are a 3900x/3950x with a BEEFY cooler like an artic freezer II 280 or 360. Ryzen 5000 is right around the corner (November release) I would personally wait for them.

Otherwise you are leaning towards thread ripper which is a whole new socket/mb

Vyoman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks cdrkf! For the help. For designing using these applications: Photo Pos Pro,Canva.For rendering-Viz Render,Lumion 3D,VRAY.
If I go for AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen 9 3900X as you suggested, only graphic card to be secured better one. I think the Motherboard will support even this 3900X. Kindly suggest good G.card as well other components to be modified regarding 3900X. I would revise my budget limit, if it needs. What basic technical factors from CPU,Board and RAM&PSU side will show influence in deciding good GPU. Thankfully seeking your expertise tips & views.

Last edited:

Vyoman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Regarding Cooler: CPU CoolerArtic freezer II 280 or 360 not available in our zone but DeepCool Castle 360 RGB V2 ARGB All-in-one Liquid CPU Cooler is avlbl,if its apt for cpu cooling ........ its ok.

Last edited:
Thanks cdrkf! For the help. For designing using these applications: Photo Pos Pro,Canva.For rendering-Viz Render,Lumion 3D,VRAY.
If I go for AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen 9 3900X as you suggested, only graphic card to be secured better one. I think the Motherboard will support even this 3900X. Kindly suggest good G.card as well other components to be modified regarding 3900X. I would revise my budget limit, if it needs. What basic technical factors from CPU,Board and RAM&PSU side will show influence in deciding good GPU. Thankfully seeking your expertise tips & views.

I think the 3900X is a good bet - although digitalgriffin is correct the Ryzen 5000 series has been announced and is due out next month. The newer 5900X would be faster (although also quite a bit more expensive). The X570 motherboard you are looking at will support Ryzen 5000 series with a bios update if you wanted to upgrade in the future as well.

With regards to graphics card, again it depends - with V-Ray rendering on the GPU is very fast, but it has problems (specifically it tends to corrupt textures in my experience, so I typically stick to using CPU rendering). It's difficult to know if it would be much use for you or not - if not then the RTX 2060 will be fine. If you do want to go for more GPU power than that, the RTX 2070 Super is probably the best option performance vs price in the RTX 2000 series. The newer RTX 3000 series cards are quite a bit faster, but really expensive and hard to get hold of at the moment. I would go with an nVidia card for rendering work just because they tend to have better software support with these types of workloads (can't GPU render in V-Ray using an AMD card for example).

For cooling, personally I would stick with that Noctua air cooler - for long renders you need reliability and I've had issues with AIO water coolers. The air cooler should be fine to keep a 3900X cool at stock speeds for prolonged periods, just make sure the case has good airflow (looking on Coolermasters website, that case looks like it's got plenty of fans + vents so should be fine).