Build Advice New build for streaming games 720p

dommyfruit

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
Hello guys I'm trying to make a new PC to stream mostly LoL but maybe sometimes else a bit more demanding in the future. I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to stream from a laptop? I heard its not recommended but I'd much prefer it if its possible.
  2. Does my monitor matter? and if it does can someone explain me why and how it works.
Budget is 1000$

Thanks in advance.

Don't know about how well 1 would work
But I can answer 2. YES. Absolutely. If your monitor's refresh rate is higher, higher FPS will be noticeably. If you are running 200FPS on a 144Hz monitor, you will see 144FPS since the monitor only refreshes 144 times per second. Resolution also matters, since higher resolution means better image resolution and looks better.
For $1000, I'd suggest getting a 1080p75 or 1080p144 monitor as well as a good pc.

Reactions: Oussebon

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
You can stream from a laptop, but a PC will net you a more powerful CPU for the same kind of price, and also can be upgraded unlike the laptop. If a desktop PC is an option, it would be the more powerful and economical way to go.

What do you need within the budget? The PC tower... a monitor? Windows licence too?

Reactions: extreme_noob

dommyfruit

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
You can stream from a laptop, but a PC will net you a more powerful CPU for the same kind of price, and also can be upgraded unlike the laptop. If a desktop PC is an option, it would be the more powerful and economical way to go.

What do you need within the budget? The PC tower... a monitor? Windows licence too?

Everything. PC, monitor, windows license? I mean is it not possible to bypass the windows license? 😏

I have an old monitor lying around somewhere but its not that good, prob standard 60hz.