Question New build freeze stutter glitch

May 4, 2020
Hey all!

I just built this PC with my old GPU (Was working perfectly)

• Ryzen 7 2700x
  • Gigabyte b450m Gaming
  • DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz T-Force TUF Vulcan
  • Gigabyte G750H 80+Gold Modular PSU
  • MSI GTX 1060 6gb (From previous build)
  • Samsung 860 EVO 500gb

The problem im having is whenever i install windows and it automatically detects the gpu, downloads and installs the drivers it starts randomly freezing and im getting a black screen from time to time. Just doing normal stuff like browsing youtube.

I tried DDU and installing drivers manually, old and new. It still freezes.
Ran memtest86 no errors. Still Freezes
Tried different DVI port and HDMI. Still Freezes.
Updated the BIOS. Still Freezes.
Disabled Cstates. Still Freezes.
Set RAM to 3200Mhz and 1.35V. Still Freezes
Set RAM timings with values from Ryzen Ram Calc. Still Freezes.
High Performance on Windows options. Still Freezes.

Tried a friends old Radeon 5450, It doesnt freeze.

I thought it was the motherboard, but i replaced it and it still freezes.

Is my GPU failing? Has this something to do with my PSU? Its new.

Im out of options please help! Already made a post on "Memory" and got no replies :(

Aug 31, 2019
Hey man. Did you fix your problem? I have the similar issue, i bought everything new accept my gpu and case. I tried same things and my pc randomly freezes. I tried resetting windows i menu and halfway through it freezes or reboots. Also sometimes it freezes, sometimes it reboots and sometimes when i leave my pc it reboots. I tried making a custom power plan and nothing. Please tell me if you know something.😕

May 4, 2020
Hey man. Did you fix your problem? I have the similar issue, i bought everything new accept my gpu and case. I tried same things and my pc randomly freezes. I tried resetting windows i menu and halfway through it freezes or reboots. Also sometimes it freezes, sometimes it reboots and sometimes when i leave my pc it reboots. I tried making a custom power plan and nothing. Please tell me if you know something.😕

I didn't fix it yet. I think it might be RAM compatibility with Ryzen or my GPU is dying.

Did you fix it?

Aug 31, 2019
I got my pc back and they said it was full with viruses and just clean it up. I don't know how is that possible because i reinstalled windows multiple time but okay. You can try installing some anti-virus and checking for viruses. I used windows defender so maybe that's the reason i couldn't find any. I hope our pc's run smoothly :D

Aug 31, 2019
Nope it didn't fix it. I started my pc and left it and after 15 mins of idle it reboot. I need to take it back to the shop. It also just freezes and i need to reboot it. :(

Last edited:

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
those guys at the shop have no idea man.
"full of viruses" is what those guys says to all the granmas

i guess their next step would be to offer you to buy a new pc from their shop.

if you really want to have the problem fixed, you need to give them directions. make them install a new GPU in your case (if possible same type of GPU. ie GTX1060). and test it directly at the shop.
if problem persists, same thing but with the PSU

May 4, 2020
those guys at the shop have no idea man.
"full of viruses" is what those guys says to all the granmas

i guess their next step would be to offer you to buy a new pc from their shop.

if you really want to have the problem fixed, you need to give them directions. make them install a new GPU in your case (if possible same type of GPU. ie GTX1060). and test it directly at the shop.
if problem persists, same thing but with the PSU

May 4, 2020

3rd ram kit and at first i thought i fixed it but when i tidied my cable management and put the lids back on started it back up again and boom. Freezing again. Could it be a cable or something? Please help me out i don't know what else to do.