[SOLVED] New build freezes after windows install

Aug 27, 2019
So, around 6 months ago, I built my first ever pc. Pc turned on, I could boot into the bios fine, and it let me download windows with a creation tool USB. When it tried booting into windows, it would get stuck at the Strix splash screen with the rotating dots. My cursor would still move but nothing would happen. I ended up putting windows 8 on it then upgraded to W10, and it worked perfectly fine. Long story short, I sold some parts of the pc, and I kept the cpu(r7 1700), the hdd(2tb seagate barracuda) and the ram(adata xpg 16 gn.) I built a new pc with the same 3 parts, and the issue happened again. It let me download windows, bios was fine, but it gets stuck at the dots. I would probably work if I did the same thing as last time, but it pisses me off that there’s no other way to make it work. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Solution
So it lets you install win 10 but it won't boot into it afterwards?

that seems odd, is the ssd the 1st item in the boot order

Although this isn't your motherboard, makers are evil. On the B boards, the bios instructions can be limited to brief description, on the X boards they are way longer so I link that here - in case its handy for me alter - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_QVL/ - I was looking to see if there was a priotrity boot menu.
Aug 27, 2019
can you give us a full parts list to we can maybe guess cause?
My bad for that.

First build:
R7 1700
Adata xpg 16gb 3000m
Asus Strix b450f gaming
MSI ventus 2060
Seagate barracuda 2tb hdd
Intel 760p 256gb
Seasonic 620w bronze

Second build:
R7 1700(same)
Adata xpg 16gb 3000mgz ram(same)
Asus prime b450m-a mobo
Xfx 5500xt
Inland 128gb ssd
Seagate 2tb barracuda(same)
Evga 500w bq

Colif

Win 11 Master
So it lets you install win 10 but it won't boot into it afterwards?

that seems odd, is the ssd the 1st item in the boot order

Although this isn't your motherboard, makers are evil. On the B boards, the bios instructions can be limited to brief description, on the X boards they are way longer so I link that here - in case its handy for me alter - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_QVL/ - I was looking to see if there was a priotrity boot menu.

Solution
May 28, 2020
So, around 6 months ago, I built my first ever pc. Pc turned on, I could boot into the bios fine, and it let me download windows with a creation tool USB. When it tried booting into windows, it would get stuck at the Strix splash screen with the rotating dots. My cursor would still move but nothing would happen. I ended up putting windows 8 on it then upgraded to W10, and it worked perfectly fine. Long story short, I sold some parts of the pc, and I kept the cpu(r7 1700), the hdd(2tb seagate barracuda) and the ram(adata xpg 16 gn.) I built a new pc with the same 3 parts, and the issue happened again. It let me download windows, bios was fine, but it gets stuck at the dots. I would probably work if I did the same thing as last time, but it pisses me off that there’s no other way to make it work. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I have the same issue. WIn 10 will freeze installing and stops with dots trying to start windows. The only component with your setup to mine whats the same is that 2gb seagate hdd. My setup is

i5- 9600k
Asus strix z390F
kingston 16 gb ddr4 3200Mhz
Seagate barracuda 2tb
rtx 2060 dual oc evo
corsair 650rw
500gb kingston m.2 ssd

trying to run memtest and prime today to see whats what. .

May 28, 2020
Well, the only way i was enabled to install win 10 was the same way as randon. First win 8.1 and then update to win 10 pro. Tested all the parts with programs and in other pc:s and everything worked fine. Maybe there is something to do with motherboards bios... dunno, but its working now!