• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question New build freezes and bdos

Umb

Aug 26, 2019
Hi everybody I'm loosing my mind here, pls someone help me before I jump out of the window.

I bought all new pieces on Amazon. Assembled everything and after windows boot the pc was freezing even in idle. I thought it could have been a problem between ram, mobo, psu seeing that it was doing the same with another gpu. So I sent them bac and bought new stuff. My actually build now is this

I5 9600kf
Asus z390m plus last bios updated
Viper 16gb 3200
Xfx 5600xt thicc ii
Samsung evo 840
Psu silentsrom cool zero 640w.

CPU core set to 3700 and xmp ii enable

The problem it s the same as with the one pieces but a new this is If I put 2 ram sticks the pc has problems getting in windows. With 1 stick it got in windows and show the old problem . These are some dump files

On Fri 22/05/2020 18:04:59 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052220-5703-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFCA834F979590, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8077D72B136)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 22/05/2020 18:04:59 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x11A54D)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFCA834F979590, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8077D72B136)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Driver file system NT
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means

On Fri 22/05/2020 18:00:29 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052220-5093-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF8300F00537F8, 0x4000000000000, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

The pc restart even idling and the screen appears like this https://ibb.co/q7SB1rZ

Umb

Aug 26, 2019
Update. I did a memtest. One was not even passing the first pass for infinite errors. The second one 4 passes 0 errors. So I booted. Installed gpu drivers and windows update. Restated and while it was turning off installing the updates.... Bsod. Pls help me I'm very very lost.

Umb

Aug 26, 2019
Checked each stick of ram on it's own?
yes i did, one is good, one is fault.

Replace entire memory kit, if that is what you have, under warranty.
this is the second mobo\ram that i'm using, different brands and is doing the same thing. one memory should be fine according to memtest, but even with that one, the pc freezes after 10\20 min after windows booted up. the gpu is working on another computer as well as the psu. So the only possible cuplrit left could be the cpu. faulty memory controller?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS