Question New build freezes - wont boot or install windows 10

Jul 10, 2019
Hey guys im pretty new here, always been able to solve my problems through just reading posts - but not this time apparently lol.

Specs for this build

i7 9700k
Msi Z390-A PRO
MSI GTX 1660ti
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 MHz
Coolermaster Masterwatt 650w

Problem:

Pc keeps freezing at the Windows 10 installation ive made with Media Creation Tool, right at the drive select. (Cant boot from other drive with windows on it either, just freezes at MSI splash along with spinning circle under it) BUT i can get to BIOS just fine and everything seems just fine there.

What i've tried so far:

1. Tried different USB installation and USB stick ( just bought a new 32GB just to be sure it wasnt my 16GB) Freezes at Disk select, sometimes before.

2. Tried switching to a working motherboard. (one i took out from a friends recently)

3. Tried with different Ram modules AND slots, both and single (from main rig, so they're functional)

4. Tried switching boot drive to an SSD from my guest rig with Windows 10 fully functional, but just freezes at MSI splash screen with loading circle under it also freezing.

5. Tried switching PSU ports, since its a semi-modular PSU.

6. Tried different PSU.

7. Tried Changing BIOS settings back to default (After fiddeling around with drive order and making sure it was picking up my UEFI drives.)

8. Tried enabling the iGPU and put the HDMI in the Mobo, but the screen just goes black.

I really am lost here, and the furthest i've gotten is to that Windows 10 Installation drive select.. I really hope that its something obvious and im just stressing here cause its not my build. so all the questions, comments and help would be gladly appreciated, Thanks.

Jul 10, 2019
check the cpu temp is bios?
try 1 stick of ram?
try with the gpu out and using only the igpu

1. its around 30-32 C.

2. Tried with different Ram modules AND slots, both and SINGLE unfortunately.

3. Tried enabling the iGPU and put the HDMI in the Mobo, but the screen just goes black.

Jul 25, 2019
I. Download the latest bios update from your motherboard's page under bios.
  1. Extract files to pdrive formatted to fat32.
  2. Plug in your pdrive and restart your pc and go to bios.
  3. Disable legacy boot and enable uefi boot options under advance settings>settings>boot options.
  4. Start your pc in flash mode.
  5. Install the new bios.
  6. put the os installer to a pendrive formatted to NTSC.
  7. Hope it works for you because i was going through the same thing and i was so frustrated because i used all of my money to get all the parts and it wasnt working.
hope it works.

my specs.
i7 9700k
rtx 2070
msi z390 gaming edge ac
8x2 2400mhz corsair vengeance ram
nzxt x52 cooler.

and my idle temp for my cpu is low 30's to high 30's on stock if yoiu were wondering about yours, it's normal.

and for safety, remove gpu and put one ram on the 2nd dimm slot, cause sometimes using to much voltage can cause the motherboard to freeze or something, i saw it in a video somewhere but i forgot, just do it cause mine worked pretty well.

Jul 10, 2019
Thanks for all your help mates, thanks to you i found out that the CPU was dead via troubleshooting the motherboard. Already ordered a new one and looking to return the bad one. Again, thanks everyone for your help!