New build freezing and crashing, please help I am an absolute beginner????????

sam4181

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Hello

I ordered parts from CCL over a month ago and haven't been able to game at all!
A friend of mine who is experienced with PC's and has built gaming PC's before helped me assemble this build. He went home and first thing I did was install the drivers, download steam/chrome and finally 'attempted' to play my first game. I got as far as the menu and the game just crashed. Literally the whole computer crashed. Mouse and keyboard both not functioning so I had to do a hard reset. I tried several times to run the game to no avail.
I then thought hey ho I'll just get my mate over the next day to look at, which he did. He ran some tests and (he claimed) everything was working fine. He left and this time I simply tried to watch a youtube video and the same thing happened.
I reinstalled all the drivers and even windows 10, after doing this I managed to get through a whole youtube video but soon as I went to watch the next video it crashed again :fou:
Btw throughout the passed month I noticed that this doesn't just happen when I am trying to game or watch a youtube video, sometimes it'll happen completely randomly while I am surfing the net or trying to download something. I managed to download an emulator and play Zelda for about an hour before it crashed.

I am now using memtest86 to check if it's the ram but it's stuck on pass 16%, test 7% and test 6 [Block move], I've attached a link below showing a scree shot;

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/vashkinhuger1/image1_zpscg22plkk.jpg

My parts list is below;

CPU Cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet (Rev 2)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard AMD Phenom II/AMD Athlon II Socket 760G + SB710 MicroATX SATA/RAID/IDE Gigabit LAN (Integrated Graphics)

CPU AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU

RAM Kingston ValueRAM 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Non-ECC 240-pin DIMM Memory Module

SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SATA 3 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

Case Gigabyte GZ-M4 2-Bay Micro-ATX Case SECC 8CM Fan 2 x USB2.0

Graphics card ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 (2GB) Graphics Card PCI-E (3 x DisplayPort) HDMI DVI (VGA Adaptor)

Power supply Kolink KL-500 500W 80 Plus Bronze ATX Power Supply

Please help me, this is devastating and I am so close to just sending it all back and buying a playstation. Also I don't know why memtest is stuck, it's been about an hour now. I have no idea of knowing if I've been sent a bad ram.

Thanks

Solution
]http://[/url]

[Oblivion Cabal] Network 3 in 1
2 Different Hosts USA/EU/ [2 + 1 Server - [TGEvent/PvP/PVE] - Feel the balance, Best and unique custom Antihack Unique events and items you never saw before What are you waiting Click link and VISIT US

devilutz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
]http://[/url]

[Oblivion Cabal] Network 3 in 1
2 Different Hosts USA/EU/ [2 + 1 Server - [TGEvent/PvP/PVE] - Feel the balance, Best and unique custom Antihack Unique events and items you never saw before What are you waiting Click link and VISIT US

Solution